Author Topic: Cash, Gold, Silver, Land, Booze, Wheat, or eggs?  (Read 11490 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Cash, Gold, Silver, Land, Booze, Wheat, or eggs?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 08:42:36 PM »
I have a credit card with Chase, I might have to close it and find a different company to give my business.
It is getting worse.  Bank of America just closed all the accounts of a church because they were pointing out that homosexuality was an abomination according to the Bible.

John Galt 1

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2019, 10:01:04 PM »
A few honeybee hives may be a good investment.   
Honey, antibiotic salve, candle wax, mead to trade.      Lots of good stuff you can use today and if the grid goes down.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Gunner

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2019, 02:46:11 AM »
Id like to believe that people, (the everyday man on the street), can see the value is certain items.... an ounce of silver, a 1/10th ounce of gold, an ounce of copper.  But I also believe that in a true crisis that items that can REALLY help some one out are important too.   Seeds, gloves, aspirin, tea lights, rope , twine, …. you name it also have value.  Depending on the type of SHTF scenario we come up to, we should be able to have barter items and barter skills.... both are important and should be treated as an asset.  Seeing the value of an item is important, acting on it could be critical.  I like to go to the flea market and see how the other people are acting and what they are looking for.  it helps me work on my skill.... I know that my wife is better at this than I am.... so I buy items to stock and I know that she will be able to make good trades with them when the time arises.  I get to be her security guy.... I know what the trigger finger is for …..  ;) ;) ;)
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2021, 07:46:53 AM »
Id like to believe that people, (the everyday man on the street), can see the value is certain items.... an ounce of silver, a 1/10th ounce of gold, an ounce of copper.  But I also believe that in a true crisis that items that can REALLY help some one out are important too.   Seeds, gloves, aspirin, tea lights, rope , twine, …. you name it also have value.  Depending on the type of SHTF scenario we come up to, we should be able to have barter items and barter skills.... both are important and should be treated as an asset.  Seeing the value of an item is important, acting on it could be critical.  I like to go to the flea market and see how the other people are acting and what they are looking for.  it helps me work on my skill.... I know that my wife is better at this than I am.... so I buy items to stock and I know that she will be able to make good trades with them when the time arises.  I get to be her security guy.... I know what the trigger finger is for …..  ;) ;) ;)
I agree.  I put up a stock of clothes line wire, clothes pins and an extra set of tee poles.  I just don't think I can stock enough clothes washing soap or dish washing soap.  That will just have to be made as needed.  I think people will still want to wash clothes and dishes along with a bath every week or so.

Abigayle

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2021, 10:01:16 AM »
The ability to make colloidal silver (it doesn't store well, long term).  If you are bartering with nearby neighbors, which is most likely (avoid strangers to some degree, remain gray), ask them to provide a jar.  Just provide enough to get them through an illness. Must take on an empty stomach. I think a few teaspoons of yeast in a seed packet, would be small, but have some value. I was thinking about things we grow, but every bit would have to be canned, dried or eaten fresh for health and energy.  Maybe barter for variety, or in instances when one of your neighbors had an earlier or later crop of certain foods than you did.  We sure could barter duck eggs!  Also would try to but some under a broody hen.  If the grid was up and it was an economic issue, I could hatch out ducklings and chicks for food and barter.  Feeding them would be very labor intensive, in terms of growing grains.  Great thing about the south is that we can produce something all year long.  We sure to have some crop covers. Save and stack those gallon milk jugs if you have them and cut the bottoms off.  You can string them up high in unused space.
Ariel

ProGeek

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2021, 11:35:37 AM »
Bitcoin nearing $50K may be a sign of what's to come. I'm hearing about another market crash or currency crisis in the next month. You never know.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2021, 12:22:57 PM »
Bitcoin nearing $50K may be a sign of what's to come. I'm hearing about another market crash or currency crisis in the next month. You never know.
Yeah,  I just cleaned the bank account this week and bought the farm with two fish ponds.

Gunner

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2021, 03:12:23 AM »
I have added some more cooper to our assets.  We are also looing at our seed collection, especially our heirloom seeds.  I think that we can add to "group" set locally, and find a good trading partner for eggs and the like.  We are still concerned about the proposed changes to the EO's about new weapon laws, and are considering an off-site type of storage... A last ditch effort will involve a blow-out sale of all the semi-auto pistols and rifles at this homestead.....  :D.... just in case.....
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2021, 05:53:56 AM »
A little dispersed storage never hurts.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal