Author Topic: Anyone looking for a small quantity of large solar panels? Group buy.  (Read 15088 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Anyone looking for a small quantity of large solar panels? Group buy.
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2020, 03:38:55 PM »
Hubby finally got the panels up and the old one downs. We don't seem to be getting as many watts as we thought we would. Any thoughts?
You never get what the panels are rated at STC  (Standard Test Conditions)  which are 75 Deg F and 1000 watts per meter squared irradience(however you spell it).  It's how bright the sunloight is..  Usually you are getting around 800 watts per meter squared.  Looking on the panel specification sheet look for NOTC data.  A350Watt STC is 267 Watts at NOTC.  You don't have 1000 watts per meter sq and you don't always have 75 Deg F.  Hope this helps. 

https://www.solarelectricsupply.com/solarworld-sunmodule-sw-350-xl-mono-wholesale-solar-panel

That's Marketing for ya !

ProGeek

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2020, 09:22:20 AM »
Solar panel ratings are trash. It's worse than MPG ratings for cars. Depending on the mount angle, time of day, temp, time of year, cloud cover, and dust on the panels, your power will be much lower. Then you have to account for loss from the charge controller, inverter, wiring, and batteries. If you get more than 50% of the rated panel watts in actual usable power after all that, you've done good. That's why people like to direct wire panels to DC loads, but that will only work in the daytime.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Abigayle

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2020, 05:09:23 PM »
We are bugged in by it Ravenwood is having some delivered, count me in for six, if you have them.  Was their a fright charge, I forgot to look.  If not, I am in at that price.
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2020, 08:33:58 PM »
Is there going to be another panel buy? I took time off the web for Christmas.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

tlwagg

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2020, 08:38:14 PM »
RWS thanks for the info. Hubby did a little tweaking and we're getting close to the max. We know we won't get what it's rated for.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal