Author Topic: careers  (Read 17803 times)

James84

careers
« on: August 10, 2015, 08:32:04 AM »
I really like the career options for the forum profile just they're was more of them

crplhood

Re: careers
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:20:12 AM »
Agreed. Can we add more?

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 12:04:13 PM »
Certainly. I'm sure there are plenty of grid down/SHTF professions that aren't represented. Mechanic, carpenter, and welder come to mind.

But instead of hand coding everything anyone may ever be to the point of most of the work going unused, I think it's better at this point to wait til one comes up. At least two of the badges active now have been added since we opened.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

James84

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 07:35:44 PM »
Yeah those we're the ones I had in mind along with electrician

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 07:43:14 PM »
Are you one of those?
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

James84

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 08:29:09 PM »
Mechanic do some welding if I have to

Lilburner

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 08:58:03 PM »
OK I added Mechanic and went ahead and turned it on for you to see it live.
~ Daniel Webster

James84

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 09:15:32 PM »
Cool thanks

Starlady

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 11:46:03 PM »
How about a Mason Jar, a Sewing Machine, Bees?
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 12:29:34 AM »
LOL - I think this is about the closest thing I've ever seen to anyone working as any of those

~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 12:37:35 AM »
It actually does give me an idea for two new profession choices, though - seamstress and beekeeper.

Also - why is it seamstress? What would a man be called? In traditional roles, men are tailors, but that's a much more involved undertaking than seamstress. Not that I'm eat up about being politically correct, but it actually comes up a lot in my job and I've always wondered that.
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 04:34:47 AM »
good thinking about beekeeping. You may need to get more detailed with that topic as there are certified and master beekeepers who do alot of work getting to those positions. We have a few beekeepers here, and a couple of master level as well.

also I hesitate to suggest animal husbandry as I can here the jokes already but someone who specializes in livestock might not be into "farming" but maybe both fall under agriculture knowledge.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

crplhood

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 09:44:12 PM »
Add IT please. Believe it or not, I've had many school friends ask me to help secure their computer. I never really get into software much, but I can help with networking and security. Just please download this ddosbot.exe please :P

elandil

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 10:42:48 PM »
Librarian?
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

Nemo

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 12:46:38 AM »
As in Noah Wylie show where he works at the NYC library?

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal