Author Topic: Gander Mtn Bankruptcy. Closing 32 stores. 3 in GA  (Read 6971 times)

Lilburner

Re: Gander Mtn Bankruptcy. Closing 32 stores. 3 in GA
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 06:08:37 PM »
Another week, another black powder kit! This time a Pietta .44 1858 Navy revolver.

I got a LOT, this week - a Crimson Trace Grip Laser for my J-Frame for $115, a Slidefire AR for $100, magazines for probably 8 guns starting at $10...

The camo tablecloths from the Bass Pro meeting room that Bass Pro doesn't sell? Yep - Gander Mtn for $4. I wonder if that's where Bass Pro got them.

Also, black powder, primers, caps, cases... Some things like the Holsters, mags, and lasers are 50% off. also lots of shotgun stuff - barrels and whatnot.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 11:37:16 PM »
Now I've moved on to airguns. This CO2 "Sig" is amazingly realistic, down to the weight, and it's steel. I don't want to hear anyone ever saying "but he only had an airgun" when they wave something like this at a cop.

Also, how meta is this?

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SS-Preppers

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 11:44:05 AM »
Dang..........it even has all the controls on it......mag release, safety, take-down lever.....and other details like the mag well cutout and rail detail.....I didn't read what you typed and just looked at the picture first and automatically thought ol'Lilburner has some how scored a great deal on a Sig at Gander of all places......then I read the text........

Lilburner

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 10:41:26 PM »
Ours is pretty much done. They're open another week, but I don't see going back, really. I think they pulled a bit of a fast one.

I've been tracking it all pretty closely, the rate at which certain things diminish, and some went from diminishing very slowly to entire categories being completely gone without a trace. No camping gear, no optics, no fishing tackle bags or boxes, no coolers, no heaters... Looks like they had another store come in and buy them out.

I got a few little straggly things - a recoil pad, a .270 reloading kit.

But these are kind of awesome. 60 pieces of commercial steel gun locks all keyed alike. They're super heavy and they have pins that depress around the trigger guard literally them from shifting. the bodies are steel and it's a big steel post that goes through. You'd have to grind them off. Less than $1 each. I've been thinking about getting a gun, so one might come in handy.

~ Daniel Webster

SS-Preppers

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 10:21:56 AM »
I stopped in on Sunday.........they are now to almost nothing, but they did have men's clothing.....but, you have to be a small, medium, 2XL or 3XL......they also have a bunch of game calls and some turkey decoys, flappers etc.  As far as fishing goes, they have tons of their own "store brand" soft plastic bait in a bag (it's like the stuff ZOOM Bait Company makes, but I couldn't tell you if it's any good).

I got lucky (since I wear a 2XL) and ended up getting about 10 shirts and a nice pair of 8 inch leather bird boots.......

Lilburner

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 12:55:27 PM »
It's over. Went first thing. No merchandise. Just fixtures. I bought this cart and all the contents for $30. The shopping cart, 30 shelf bins, and 60 more commercial gun locks. The shopping cart will be handy at home. I thought about a second one for NEGA, but there are no smooth surfaces up there to roll it on.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal