Author Topic: I-85 closed "for the foreseeable future"  (Read 5893 times)

engineer3d

Re: I-85 closed "for the foreseeable future"
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »
I knew I could protect my BOL from auto attacks by burning wooden and asphalt paved bridges. Simply place a pile of used tires under the bridge at the headwall and set them on fire with gas, kerosene or diesel. I didn't know the same plan would collapse concrete bridges too. Thx for the intel GDOT!!!
I'm sure the moslem terrorist in Atl, Clarkston, Riverdale, ect. realize it too. All they have to do is hijack a tire truck or fuel tanker and park it beside the column/pier holding up the highest bridge at malfunction junction. Then the inferno causes the top span to fall on the lower spans until all of the bridges are impassable.
An easy way to totally and completely paralyze many major cities in a coordinated attack.

Nemo

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 01:17:19 PM »
I didn't know the same plan would collapse concrete bridges too. Thx for the intel GDOT!!!

It says engineer over to the left of you.  You should have known but anyway, now you do.  Be sure to discuss it all with all your friends and/or fellow employees.

Remember though, some can/will consider it discriminatory if you do not discuss and educate any foreign nationals who may try to learn from you.  Even if they want to know how much would be best and where is the most damaging place to put the truck.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Wabbit

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 02:31:27 PM »
The bridge fire/collapse was the talk of Sunday dinner yesterday.   Even my non-tin foil hats kids and spouses all agreed it was not what TPTB are saying.   

The conspiracy sites are going wild with speculation.   1st step to "Containment"?   Another step in the systematic destruction of infrastructure?   If I lived in downtown Atlanta now, I would move very far, very fast.
"Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is NOT out there to kill you. "  (Mel Gibson~Conspiracy Theory)

chainsaw

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 12:52:58 PM »
Yes, but like all tactical plans, if you plan for a fire to take out a concrete bridge, it won't.

Murphy's military laws apply here too.
KK4WBK - General HAM

florida44

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 07:52:50 AM »
I do not know how to embed a video so Lilburner feel free to change this

Hilarious - Hitler is upset about the bridge collapse on 85
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:01:59 AM by florida44 »
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

bountyhunter

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 08:21:09 AM »
They claim it will back as normal by June 15, 2017. They will more than likely have to work around the clock. As long as weather permits.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

SS-Preppers

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 04:36:44 PM »
They claim it will back as normal by June 15, 2017. They will more than likely have to work around the clock. As long as weather permits.

Yeah......that made me laugh.......it took them over 2 1/2 years to re-do the bridge by my house (Northridge Road bridge over GA 400)........now granted they would go for weeks without seeming to even do any work, work for a couple of days and then nothing for several more weeks, but they claim they are going to replace over 700 feet of a 10 lane elevated major interstate in 10 weeks..........if they can do that then there is no excuse for the never ending road projects in the area that take years to complete........I will never understand why you see all these road projects, yet you never see anyone actually working......you would think they could figure out a way to write a contract that would give an incentive to finish early and a penalty to finish late......but, what do I know......my idea of solving traffic problems is to just built more lanes.

Lilburner

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 08:37:28 PM »
I do not know how to embed a video so Lilburner feel free to change this

Hilarious - Hitler is upset about the bridge collapse on 85

Posting videos is even easier than posting pictures. Just put the link in. No code required.

It was hilarious up until the superfluous Trump crap.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

tlwagg

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 06:55:53 PM »
Northbound just opened! Southbound will be opened by Monday morning.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Lilburner

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 08:11:35 PM »
All lanes open in both directions.

Everyone is pleased.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal