Author Topic: Review. LED light switches: Two index fingers up.  (Read 2517 times)

Lilburner

Review. LED light switches: Two index fingers up.
« on: May 14, 2017, 03:07:43 PM »
As opposed to two thumbs up, because you use your index finger to flip the switches.

Apparently these have really caught on to where a lot of people are making them. Most appear to be identical, and could all even be the same, but I've specifically tried the i-zoom brand from Ollie's.

They originally just came in the small, 200 lumen. I was little skeptical at first, but I'm always fighting the lighting in safes, so I figured I'd try one for a safe light. It did such a good job at that, I put one in my RV trailer. That worked flawlessly as well. Now I'm more or less stockpiling them for SHTF. They put out a surprising amount of light and make just about any room navigable. The big ones, at 480 lumens, are even more impressive, at the expense of battery life.

Battery life in general is the one drawback, They're meant really more for navigating through a room or looking for something. If you use them say 2-5 minutes at a time, they'll last a good long time. Leave them on overnight, and you'll need to replace the batteries in the morning. They should be perfect for bathrooms and closets in addition to campers and safes.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal