Author Topic: Atlanta/Gwinnett Prepper Show and SEPN Meet/Greet/Lunch - August 26  (Read 8977 times)

Lilburner

One of our most popular events returns!

A meet and greet lunch in conjunction with the Atlanta/Gwinnett Prepper show, this year being called "North Atlanta Survival Expo"

Prepper Show:

North Atlanta Survival Expo

Gwinnett County Fairgrounds
2405 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawrenceville, Georgia 30045

Aug 26 - Aug 27
Time Saturday 9-5 Sunday 9-4

25% Coupon on the preppershows USA site: (presumably earlybird only) http://www.preppershowsusa.com/?act=sid&id=475#listing
RK Shows Page: https://www.rkpreppershows.com/event/lawrenceville-ga-survival-expo-82617/

SEPN Lunch:

Saturday, August 26
1:00 PM

Jim N Nicks
1190 Scenic Hwy N
Lawrenceville, GA 30045

The room is off to the right from the main entrance, but if you need help finding us inside, ask for the HOMESTEADNIG group.

Menu: https://www.jimnnicks.com/menus/snellville/bar-b-q/

Most people find 2-3 hours plenty of time for the show - this way you can hit it in either the morning or the afternoon - or just take a break and get a handstamp.

Door Prizes: Feel free to donate - let us know what you have. Hopefully we'll have a few commercial donations as well.

This is one of our highlight events - looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting those we haven't met! Mark your calendar!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 03:35:14 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: Atlanta/Gwinnett Prepper Show and SEPN Meet/Greet/Lunch - August 26
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 05:02:52 PM »
Found a great lunch spot! I've updated the top post in the thread.

If you're already familiar, you're already excited. If you've never had Jim 'N Nicks, you're in for a treat.

It's literally right around the corner from the show - less than 2 miles away on 124 at a light.

The room isn't as super private as what we had at Green Tomato, certainly not with out own entrance, but it's a nice enough space

If you're getting directions, the location is called interchangeably Snellville or Lawrenceville. Even they call it their Snellville location, but the address is Lawrenceville.

Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
1190 Scenic Hwy N
Lawrenceville, GA 30045

Interesting fun fact. The chain collectively does not own a freezer or microwave. I just learned that today. Good stuff!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 06:26:11 PM »
awesome!
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 06:57:23 PM »
This look good and who doesn't love BBQ.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 07:53:07 PM »
Yeah!   I've eaten at the one in Dallas/Hiram, it's great.  Worth the trip!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SS-Preppers

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 10:57:38 PM »
I have eaten at the on on East West Hwy......they are GTG.

Lilburner

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 04:08:13 PM »
Door prizes!

70 Amp-AC, 120 Volt, Stick Welder
https://m.harborfreight.com/amp-ac-120-volt-stick-welder-62745.html
This is a refurb, and the return period will have expired, but they test these first, and I've had 100% success rate with HF refurbs.

299 pc First Aid kit.

Add yours!
~ Daniel Webster

9mmMike

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 01:23:02 PM »
I haven't been to the fair grounds since 1972...:) I think I will try to make it this year. I have a homemade water filter I can chip in, 5 gallon capacity with 4 hemispherical ceramic filters. I made 2 and only need one. Made from food grade buckets and all new parts.

Lilburner

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
That would be fantastic! Would love to have you, prizes or no!
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 08:27:01 PM »
More door prizes courtesy TruPrep. Thank you for your donations!

Two of these universal digital Li-ion chargers. I keep one in my car plugged into a small inverter so I'll always have high end flashlights and gun optics without having to worry about batteries on the go.

And something you shouldn't need for a while, but will be happy to have it when you need it - a Zippo hand warmer that runs off lighter fluid.

Thanks again to TruPrep!

~ Daniel Webster

Gunner

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 02:11:57 AM »
Once again you have outdone yourself...Still looking forward to being at the show and meeting up for lunch.  The Lovely Wife will be heading to meet and be with friends in Ocala that weekend .... but I am looking forward to being there with everyone!...Cant wait to be there and say Hello to everyone again.
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

upacreek

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 05:45:22 PM »
Did you want a headcount?  I'd like to go.  I can bring a #10 can of something freeze dried.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Lilburner

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 07:06:58 PM »
Love to hear you're coming!

I always like to hear when people will or won't be at something. I usually overpromise the venue and then feel sheepish when half the people show up.
~ Daniel Webster

bountyhunter

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 07:57:23 PM »
I will be at the Prepper Show. Still debating the meet and greet.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Lilburner

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 01:21:59 PM »
Hope to see you there!
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal