Author Topic: 2017 Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - October 6-8 @ Cedar Creek WMA  (Read 11372 times)

Lilburner

It's that time again! Mark your calendar!

The Annual Fall Campout - October 6-8 at Cedar Creek WMA. If you wish to arrive on Thursday the 5th, you'll have plenty of company for the extra day.

Cedar Creek is located south of Monticello on GA Hwy 212. Our camp site is across from the Check Station (N 30* 13' 45.1 W 83* 31' 36.1) on Checking Station Road. If Googling, google Cedar Creek Check Station or you might get directions to the range which is a different road off 212.

Specifically, here: https://goo.gl/maps/jKXeHv1JbKm

Watch this thread for more details. As classes, activities, etc. are added, the details will be added to this main post as well.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:50:34 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Farside

Re: 2017 Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - October 6-8 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:27:57 AM »
I'm thinking we need to have a 22 rifle shoot off using the Battleship targets. Sixteen dime size dots on the target. Twenty rounds, and one point for each hit and two points for each round you turn in.  So a perfect score would be twenty fore. There is one rule. You have to shoot at lease sixteen rounds into the target.

What do you'll think?

Gunner

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 02:15:22 AM »
For some strange reason...I cant ever seem to get to the spring camp out.... That is why I am so happy to be that the fall campout!    I like the Idea for the shooting match...we always have a good time doing that.... will there be two classes...scoped vs. Iron sights or will this be a real test of skill using only iron?

U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

BennyMG1

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 07:43:31 AM »
We are looking forward to it
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

bikeboy636

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 01:01:39 AM »
THIS SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST I WILL TRY TO GET OUT OF MY CABIN AND GET TO THIS EVENT.
ALWAYS FINISH THE DRILL... EVEN IF YOUR OUT OF AMMO.

bikeboy636

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 10:27:34 PM »
JUST PICKED UP A MILITARY MODULAR SLEEPING SYSTEM, GOT IT CLEANED UP AND THIS WOULD BE THE PERFECT TIME TO TEST IT OUT.

ChristianJ

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 12:04:34 AM »
Following... I may be able to do Saturday into Sunday morning/afternoon
Christian pastor & theologian

Lilburner

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 05:03:53 PM »
I may have to do what I did last year and day camp twice and stay down in whatever the town was.

The house is fine, but my parents property really took a beating. Then I got a call this morning from a very angry and impatient State of GA collections person about something no one knew about regarding my mom (ack). so now - lawyer, accountant, etc.

My trailer isn't even here right now - I have one vehicle I need to sell and another one I need to two to NEGA, so I can't be working on getting my trailer ready. Plus I need to put a trailer brake in my new truck which I can't imagine having time to do.

I enjoyed it last year - hated to miss bits, but we do what we have to do.

I'm certainly looking forward to it!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Amish

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 11:10:41 AM »
I took that Friday off so I will be out Friday around noon.

florida44

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 12:18:05 PM »
We will be out Friday morning with the Taj mahal
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

bikeboy636

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 09:54:19 PM »
I HAVE A GOOD BUDDY WANTING TO PUT ON A "DITCH MEDICAL" CLASS FOR US. HE SAID IT WOULD TAKE ABOUT TWO HOURS.

Carrot

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 11:33:56 AM »
I should be in late Friday after I get out of work. It'll be fun to have a chance to sit down and talk with everyone.

Gunner

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 01:19:11 AM »
I'm hoping that the truck will be ready to go tomorrow.... then have to fill the LP tank on the pop-up... we'll be taking Friday off of work so we can get there in the morning!!!.... will throw in wood for the campfire and grab some other essentials..!!
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

Nemo

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 09:52:27 AM »
I will be back down there on Tybee for the weekend this is happening.  I was really hoping to get by and visit.  But its about 200 miles one way. 

You will have to miss me and raise a toast to me not there for good or bad, your call.

Nemo   8)
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

revckd

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 06:16:05 PM »
Yea - we will be busy all weekend otherwise we would come... dang :(
revckd
KM4PHQ

Bellatores et Venatores in Christo
A prudent person foresees danger ahead and takes precautions. ~ Proverbs 27:12

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal