Author Topic: 2017 Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - October 6-8 @ Cedar Creek WMA  (Read 11373 times)

Country Singer

Re: 2017 Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - October 6-8 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 09:45:39 PM »
Yea - we will be busy all weekend otherwise we would come... dang :(

Oliver Hardy Festival?
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
I was already committed when I heard about this campout.  I am the treasurer for the Georgia Cracker Radio club.  We participate in the Elijay picnic each year and use that opportunity to buy apples.  We should leave there Saurday afternoon heading home.  If it is not too late I may try to stop by as I will be going by on 129 S 5 or 6PM.  We usually campout at Lake Winfield Scott, but they were all reserved up.  We secured a parking spot at Morganton Point.  Never have been there before.  We normally camp where there are few facilities and lots of hiking trails.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:46:01 AM by RWS »

Wabbit

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 11:36:56 AM »
Looking forward seeing everyone Saturday for my usual "Day-Tripping".   Lilburner, sorry to hear about you r misfortunes.  RSW - which day will the DITCh Medical be?  I would love to see that for sure!

"Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is NOT out there to kill you. "  (Mel Gibson~Conspiracy Theory)

revckd

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 10:10:11 PM »
Yea - we will be busy all weekend otherwise we would come... dang :(

Oliver Hardy Festival?
Naw man, but that would be nice too. We are doing a family thing.
revckd
KM4PHQ

Bellatores et Venatores in Christo
A prudent person foresees danger ahead and takes precautions. ~ Proverbs 27:12

Lilburner

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 04:19:13 PM »
Lilburner, sorry to hear about you r misfortunes.

But wait! There's more!

These two fell TODAY and blocked a major county rush hour road.

Fortunately no one was hurt!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 08:24:30 AM »
Is this your back yard?
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

BennyMG1

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 08:15:19 AM »
We will be there Thursday as usual. Anybody else?
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Country Singer

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 10:06:43 AM »
Either Thursday evening or Friday before noon for me.  Depends on how early I can get out of the office.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

BennyMG1

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 12:28:29 PM »
Are we doing the auction this go around?
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Lilburner

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 01:05:34 PM »
Is this your back yard?

That's my parents (vacant house) front yard. The trees completely blocked the road and it was shut down. Fortunately, due to the kind of neighboring you don't really have any more, clearing was underway before I even found out about it.

Apparently if the county has to clear your tree(s), there are fines involved.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2017, 01:05:45 PM »
Are we doing the auction this go around?

Yes! One of our leaders has a new job and one doesn't currently have a computer, so we've been a bit short on planning, events, and announcements. I'll try to fill in with some details later on.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2017, 08:46:02 PM »
No eggs from me this time, the dog-from-hell killed 6 of my chicken layers and all I've got left is 3 month old kids.  The ducks are all molting (looks like they're having a pillow fight out there!) so only 1 is laying.

I'll kick in a couple of decent pocket or GHB knives.

Not for the auction but does anyone need anymore peppermint, spearmint or German Thyme?  I've got tons, so speak now or I won't dig it up this week.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2017, 09:34:47 PM »
It sounds like a whole bunch of us are ready to just look forward to relaxation and fellowship without a bunch of organized goings on. So maybe it's working itself out perfectly.

Reminder, though - we are planning on a survival food pot luck. There's a separate signup sheet on that. Not sure when. I think Country Singer is taking point.

Medical classes are always welcome - don't have to have a hard schedule. Just pull up a stump, as it were, maybe with an hour's notice to round up interested parties.

And yes - the auction - anyone who hasn't been before, bring stuff of interest you have extras of, don't need, or things you just want to donate and we auction them off on Saturday. It pays the meager bills, which mostly consists of this website. Also, if you're not familiar, we bring in portapotties, and ask for a per-campiste donation for that.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 09:53:00 PM by Lilburner »
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 01:15:59 PM »
We'll do the Storage Food Taste Test on Saturday afternoon.  Keep in mind this isn't intended to replace a meal, just an opportunity to taste the various fare and see if you find it palatable before you ten years worth of a particular brand or dish.

tlwagg

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 11:19:54 AM »
Hey guys we need to watch the weather I just got a Tropical Alert. A storm could be headed our way.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal