Prepping > Survival - Tips, Tools, and Tricks

Random Hints from "Alone", Post-apocalyptic Fiction, movies or what ever.

(1/1)

Wabbit:
I don't like the new format of "Alone" but watch it for the helpful hints.

Last night I learned that MOSS is great in the wild for
1)  T-paper as it is both moist and absorbent and
2)   putting on wounds - has antiseptic and soothing qualities (and helps absorb blood) This was used in WWII in the battlefields.

Nemo:
Sphagnum.  I had no idea on this.

Nemo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphagnum

--- Quote ---Sphagnum moss has also been used for centuries as a dressing for wounds, including through World War I.[3][24]
--- End quote ---

[3]  Bold, H.C. 1967. Morphology of Plants. second ed. Harper and Row, New York. p. 225-229.

[24]  "Facts about Peat Moss (Sphagnum) - Encyclopedia of Life". Eol.org. Retrieved 2013-09-11.

Lilburner:

--- Quote from: Wabbit on July 07, 2017, 07:35:29 PM ---I don't like the new format of "Alone" but watch it for the helpful hints.

Last night I learned that MOSS is great in the wild for
1)  T-paper as it is both moist and absorbent and
2)   putting on wounds - has antiseptic and soothing qualities (and helps absorb blood) This was used in WWII in the battlefields.

--- End quote ---

Probably want to choose either/or. I'm assuming the effectiveness as a wound dressing would be diminished somewhat after use for cleaning one's rear.

ATWhite:
Also, you can squeeze it and drink the water from it in a pinch, the moss naturally filters it,and holds water pretty well. The greener it is the more water.

Nemo:
Just make mighty dayum sure you get the order of usage correct.

Nemo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version