Author Topic: SHTF Survivalist Frequency Lists  (Read 622 times)

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

RWS

Re: SHTF Survivalist Frequency Lists
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 06:36:48 AM »
After SHTF I believe I will be in the listen mode only for quite a while.  I most likely will not want to attract any attention.  I will probably have my hands full with locals and very limited time to spend on the radio. 

bountyhunter

• Full Bugout Bag
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 09:37:32 AM »
404 error....link don't work
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

bountyhunter

• Full Bugout Bag
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 12:13:49 PM »
Went and looked up the website and found the Communication section and looked at that article above. That comes from Radiofreeq wordpress and it has been around for a coons age. I actually have that comms table in the back of my comms book that made up and keep with me all the time in my truck. It is somewhat useful and could work. But, in a SHTF scenario I would only monitor those that actually had traffic on them, might learn something useful. Just do more listening that talking.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

cope

• Bag Half Empty
    • http://www.arrl.org/ares
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 02:18:56 PM »
its an ok list of common frequencies that you should probably be monitoring. There is also AmRRon which has a list as well as others. AmCore member here and general class ham. ARES and Races member also. A good sdr radio will allow you to visually see all the frequencies in a band so you can jump from conversation to conversation as they occur. Easier than just scanning or feeling your way around the bands. During an emergency its good to monitor all frequencies for more information as to what may or may not be going on and locations.