Author Topic: Can't complete the forum registration? Read this  (Read 8436 times)

Lilburner

Can't complete the forum registration? Read this
« on: August 16, 2015, 01:31:18 PM »
I've had a couple people report that they were convinced there was a problem with the registration process.

So far, this has been 100% user error of the ones I've seen. If you feel that you've completed everything correctly and can't get registered, I need two screenshots. One from before you hit the submit button and one from after - the filled in form and the result. This is in lieu of the more popular report of "I typed the stuff in to the thing and got some kind of error or something".

Post your screenshots on this board. Do not post any other content on this board! This board will be wiped daily.

ONLY paste the verification section! Not the whole screen with your email address on it. I suggest using Windows Snipping Tool and pasting the result in to imgur.com to create the image. This is what I need...

Before:

After:

Meanwhile, here are two things that might help with the form.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preamble_to_the_United_States_Constitution

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/blank

EDIT: Something else that may be of help...

Notice in the second (error message) screen shot above, there are TWO lines that say "You did not answer the verification questions correctly" and they're separated by "The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture". These appear to be shown in order.

If you're consistently getting "You did not answer the verification questions correctly", try deliberately entering the letters of the Captcha incorrectly. This time, when you get the error page, see if the "You did not answer the verification questions correctly" error is above or below the "The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture" error. This tells you if your problem is with the verification above or below that part on the registration page so you can focus your efforts.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:30:20 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
Re: Can't complete the forum registration? Read this
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 03:38:57 PM »
Thanks for the help on this. Great job.
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal