Author Topic: Super cheap BOL w/loads of garden/farmland - Eastonolee  (Read 2450 times)

Lilburner

Super cheap BOL w/loads of garden/farmland - Eastonolee
« on: August 14, 2017, 10:22:32 PM »
It's a cute little singlewide and you could really go to town with solar and gardening right off the bat with all the open land.

This is the same realtor who listed my BOL (not my buyer's agent). I can set you up with a good buyer's agent in the area of you want to take a look.

http://fortsrealty.com/14245/showcase.php/79387

This is a great area - I won't say too much - it's not up in by business, but we could definitely be buds.

And if you shoot, there's a 300 yard rifle range up there for $100 year!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:50:36 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

John Galt 1

Re: Super cheap BOL w/loads of garden/farmland - Eastonolee
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 10:36:15 PM »
3.5 acres,,, it really depends on the locals and how far the towns are.       
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 11:54:58 AM »
That direct link still works, getting my hopes up, but it's long off the market.

I absolutely wish I had a crack at it now. I'd use modern barter/creative bargaining techniques to set up what essentially be a share cropper situation.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 02:29:07 PM »
APPARENTLY that's a bad word and I guess not allowed any more. I googled "sharecropping 2018" and got an eyeful. People say it's racist. It's what my family did on my dad's side two generations ago, and the whole "sharecropping giving way to the tractor" subplot of dustbowl-era prose such as Grapes of Wrath made my only two frames of reference to sharecropping about white people.

I just think it would be interesting to work out a mutually beneficial arrangement with someone who wanted to do it part time or a retiree, say.
~ Daniel Webster

8greenbeans

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 03:54:32 PM »
My white grandparents and great grandparents were sharecroppers. So, maybe it is only racist to people who have no idea who used to sharecrop .... like Northerners.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Starlady

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 08:10:48 PM »
SOME northerners.

Not this one.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

ChristianJ

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »
It's racist but since everything is racist now it's not racist
Christian pastor & theologian

8greenbeans

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 07:48:03 AM »
True Star! And true ChristisnJ!

I've been thinking about this a little bit in conjunction with my racial heritage since that's been a topic of late. I'm a heritage of opposite stereotypes. My white, Chinese, & Native American grandparents & great-grandparents were sharecroppers. But my Black, Italian, & Hispanic great-grandparents owned stores and farmed their own land. Here. In the South. In fact, that land is still in the family.

There's probably some other politically correct term to use but seeing as it's my heritage, I'll continue to use it when appropriate.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal