Author Topic: Puerto Rico from a prepping/survival perspective.  (Read 2852 times)

Lilburner

Puerto Rico from a prepping/survival perspective.
« on: October 12, 2017, 09:08:42 PM »
Six months without power.

A year without fresh food.

Some people still unable to leave their homes.

http://www.survivopedia.com/puerto-rico-a-real-life-case-study-in-surviving-the-worst/
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

engineer3d

Re: Puerto Rico from a prepping/survival perspective.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 11:01:24 PM »
Lilburner,
TY for the real life learning experience. A couple of things that jumped out at me were:
But coming up with that cash will be difficult for most people, as the ATM machines that they need to use and the computers for the banks are without power and communications as well. Since few people hold onto much cash these days, but rather use plastic for all their purchases, they are left without the ability to buy even the most basic necessities of life.        Stockpile cash in small bills????
Water
That is, for us to be ready to provide water filtration to those around us.     Life Straws for barter???
Medical Needs
The only medical services we can truly count on in a time of emergency are those that are already in our possession. If anything, we had better count on needing more than we think, not less.   Bandages and antibiotics to use and barter??
Thanks again. If I missed something, pls clue me in.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 06:43:57 PM »
If anyone is intrested in hear about what it was like to be deployed to Puerto Rico come to the Tuesday night North Fulton Amateur Radio Leauge. Our speaker will be Wey Walker K8EAB who deployed to Puerto Rico after last years hurricanes. The meeting is held at the Alpharetta Adult Activity Center at North Park 13450 Cogburn Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004 http://www.nfarl.org/Meetings/meetings.html.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 07:36:26 PM »
Once the National Guard left Porto Rico, the supply distribution stopped.  The rest rotted.....

https://truthfeednews.com/san-juan-mayor-under-major-fire-after-hurricane-relief-supplies-are-found-rotting-in-a-parking-lot/

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 08:48:06 PM »

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 04:37:58 PM »
3000 people died as a result of the hurricane in Porto Rico. 

Any body believe that number ? ?

The number needed to be inflated so they could ask for more help.  More money please....

https://truthfeednews.com/judicial-watch-just-threw-the-gauntlet-down-on-san-juans-mayor-with-this-unprecedented-move/

Searchboss

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 05:51:22 PM »
Based on the information I have read about what has been going on in PR over that past several years I believe that it is a continuation of business as usual for a corrupt local government. They squandered the money that has been sent to PR for years instead of using it to actually repair, replace, and upgrade their infrastructure. This is just another ploy. It would not surprise me to find that they counted every death on the island after the hurricane went through just to inflate the numbers. I expect that if you take into account the number of natural deaths that occur there within a similar time frame (from historical records) it may actually total the claimed deaths, but most would not be caused by the hurricane.

Starlady

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 08:18:27 PM »
It's not even a real number based on real deaths recorded...……...it's a 'guesstimate' from Georgetown University.

And it includes folks who probably died weeks later from lack of electricity being restored, etc., etc.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

ChristianJ

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 10:18:40 AM »
3000 people died as a result of the hurricane in Porto Rico. 

Any body believe that number ? ?
Yes.
Christian pastor & theologian

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 02:43:19 PM »
Looks like our new President wants to clean things up a bit...

https://truthfeednews.com/breaking-fbi-raids-office-building-of-san-juans-mayor-yulin-cruz/

RWS

• Bugged Out

Lilburner

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 02:02:35 PM »
Good!

There have been some other arrests.

There was so much fraud and corruption at the local (and "boots" on the ground federal) level it was disgusting.

Everyone saw the runways piled with bottled water going absolutely nowhere.

What didn't hit the news was that I personally was offered bulk deals on MREs to distribute via this site and hamfest that were bought and paid for by the US Government for Puerto Rican aid, sitting in a warehouse, presumably until they expire, undistributed while people were starving.

Needless to say I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. I even have a 17 1/2 pole in my basement I wouldn't touch it with. But multiply all the backdoor unknown stuff and what we DO know about collectively, and people need to be rounded up en masse and shown that if you interfere with disaster aid to US citizens, your life as you know it ends. Full stop.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal