Author Topic: Disturbances and Disruptions  (Read 1609 times)

8greenbeans

Disturbances and Disruptions
« on: October 20, 2017, 11:37:33 AM »
I’m not sure if this is the right area to post this question in but here goes. Hoping a smart techno person knows the cause (i.e., solar flare causing some disturbances).

Has anyone else been having cell, radio, satellite, and internet disruptions and disturbances? Examples: My daughter-in-law and I talking on the cell phone and one word goes on repeat to the point we have to hang up and try again; radio stations that are typically clear as a Bell even in storms are getting staticky in more than one of our cars in a wide range of areas; while watching TV th show will just pause then start up again anywhere between 10 seconds and a couple minutes; the internet connections to a variety of websites saying things like “the webpage you are trying to access is no longer available” but then upon refresh there it is - multiple times a day instead of the occasional time over the course of a year.

Those are just one example from each category that we’ve experienced over the last month. My dil is in Pennsylvania and it’s happening to them, too. So, she posted about her cell phone a couple weeks ago and discovered people from all over the US are having these issues as of late as well.

Thanks y’all!

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

ProGeek

Re: Disturbances and Disruptions
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 02:09:48 PM »
http://spaceweather.com/ and http://www.solarham.net/ will tell you of activity.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

8greenbeans

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »
Though I’m not well versed in the particulars of space radiation, I believe this is the answer to the question... thank you ProGeek!

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 06:02:18 PM »
I saw this on the Weather Channel today and thought it was interesting.  I am glad I live South of Washington DC.

"The makeup of the Earth beneath the Interstate 95 corridor could prove especially problematic in the event of a major solar storm, the U.S. Geological Survey said in a new report.

According to Bloomberg, the soon-to-be-released report found a 300-million-year-old rock beneath the surface of the Eastern Seaboard could amplify the next big solar storm all the way from Washington D.C. to Maine. The makeup of this rock wouldn't allow the solar energy to go through it and would instead ricochet it back up to the surface, doubling the impacts in this region, the report also said.

"It’s an active problem that a lot of people are trying to solve and understand," Space Weather Prediction Center scientist Christopher Balch told Bloomberg."

Starlady

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 07:19:25 PM »
If it could ricochet back to the surface, then wouldn't that mean that burying things in 8' of dirt doesn't work?

Because that wave is going to go through more than 8' of topsoil to hit the barrier rock and then more on the way back out.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM »
Yeah,  They must be talking more powerful than we have ever seen.  Dirt has to be an attenuator to some degree.  It did get my attention.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal