Author Topic: 42 Buses make a 10,000 Square Foot Bunker  (Read 2062 times)

Country Singer

42 Buses make a 10,000 Square Foot Bunker
« on: November 21, 2017, 10:23:10 PM »
This guy is probably the most dedicated prepper I've ever heard of: he buried 42 school buses to create a massive bunker.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Starlady

Re: 42 Buses make a 10,000 Square Foot Bunker
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 09:15:03 AM »
Unless there's way more than what is shown on the map, 500 people would kill each other in that space if they had to stay for more than a couple of months. 

Septic tank is waaaaaaaay too small.  Gasoline stored next to the water?  They'd have to hot cot those bunks - only 6 buses for sleeping area and the kids' sleeping area is on the other side of the complex from adults.  Lots of good planning, but lots of it isn't practical either.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »
I've been seeing this off and on for years. It was on an episode of Doomsday Preppers.

At one time it was condemned. Authorities came out and padlocked it. This article seems fairly recent, so he must have overcome that. The word that comes to mind whenever I see the interior is "dank".

Theres a Wikipedia page at  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark_Two_Shelter
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

John Galt 1

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 10:32:58 PM »
Interesting,       They want to shut it down but for many years they encouraged citizens to build a fallout shelter.

But I'm surprised that the roofs of the school busses are still holding the weight of the dirt above.       Maybe he added some concrete before burring.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal