Author Topic: South Atlanta Survival Expo & Gun Show - Atlanta Expo Center - May 05/06  (Read 2830 times)

Lilburner

100's of booth's of survival and preparedness gear. Seminars held daily by the experts. $2.00 admission discount to PrepperShowsUSA members. 10 space discount to PrepperShowsUSA members.

When:
May 05, 2018 - May 06, 2018
Saturday Hours: 9-5pm Sunday Hours: 9-4pm

Where:
Atlanta Expo Center
3650 Jonesboro RD SE
Atlanta, Georgia 30354

https://www.preppershowsusa.com/prepper-show/2005/

As of this edit (04/18/2018), there is a 25% off coupon linked. I believe they take that off after a while, so it would be good to go ahead and grab it.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:24:47 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: South Atlanta Survival Expo & Gun Show - Atlanta Expo Center - May 05/06
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 07:45:21 PM »
I was at a meeting today and some people were talking about this show.

They said it was better than the Lawrenceville show.

Unfortunately, I think I'll be out of town at the Sustainable Living and Preparedness Gathering in SC

Looks like the thing I was going to may have been canceled. I'll update that as I find out for sure.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:48:58 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

It sounds like  this may be along the lines of being similar to the August show.

Anyone want to get some lunch?

This place has a food court of sort, but it's hit and miss when it's open, and it's always loud and crowded. Anyone familiar with the area?
~ Daniel Webster

Nemo

If this is at the place I am thinking of its not a real good part of town.  Not much in the area I would be comfortable being in alone and not much as I recall I would go for chow.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Lilburner

I go down here at least three times a year - two for radio events, and the National Arms Show. Literally all I can think of ever seeing down there is McDonald's. Fortunately, both buildings have a food court (not sure which building this is)

Farside is looking for a spot, but worst case, anyone interested could probably grab a burger and dog and we could visit and yell at each other over the din for a bit.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:07:32 PM by Lilburner »
~ Daniel Webster

Farside

Going to hung out in the food court for awhile on Saturday. If you have a minute stop by and say hi.   

Lilburner

That sounds like a plan!

McDonald's is literally the only place I can think of down there.

So I'll see you at the food court!

So - 12:30-1 timeframe?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:41:03 AM by Lilburner »
~ Daniel Webster

YellowRose

If that is the plan, I will see you all at 12:30.

bountyhunter

I think I can make the drive there this Saturday myself......
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Lilburner

It was good to see 7 other members and friends, and chat a little in the food court for a bit.

All in all as far as the show goes - meh.

It was easily 2-3 times as large as the Gwinnett show - maybe 4.

BUT - it was about 98% a gun show - I'd say prepper stuff was half to a third of what the Gwinnett show usually is.

I got a book, a burn dressing, and some silver from a guy who was selling for .75 over spot, which is a damn good deal. I didn't even have to go to an ATM.

Wish I'd been in the market for a Ruger PC9. Guy had a stack of them for $499. they're the new hotness, but I can't really think of a use or need for one beyond what I do with my Sub2K.

There was an AWESOME thing that let you turn a 26.5mm flare gun into an arrow/bolt gun ustilizing an adapter for a .22 blank. I went back three times, but ultimately decided it was the kind of thing I'd shoot once, maybe pass around a campsite, and put away forever, so the $200 was a little steep as an accessory to a $49 flare gun.

I came and went on a $200 AR folding mechanism. In the end I forgot to buy it as much as anything. But that's OK. I think as I turn more toward homesteading, even part time, I'm putting more of an appreciation on practicality. Maybe I'm turning into a "grown up" (The horror!). But that's OK. I spent the $200 later on for two rifles I don't need, so there's hope for me yet.

~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal