Resources > Sources, Stores, Suppliers, and Reviews

Source for awning rail and awning welt?

(1/2) > >>

Lilburner:
A little birdie told me someone had access to super low priced RV parts and accessories, but to talk about it there would have sullied up a pretty critical thread with too much distraction.

I'm about to buy a length of each - I need 12 feet. Looks like they tend to come in increments of 8, so 16 feet probably.

Here's where I'm at now if I order from my source I already have.

Nemo:
Measure the awning you need.  I can most likely get one complete ready to slip in the channel on each end.

As far as the rail, I need more details as to what you need.  Different places call the same parts different things.

Give me a link to the pages you have there or some such so I can see them and get the info.

And I agree with the sullying.  Thats why I took the the hard right to get it back on line.

I googled the item names and numbers, came up with the right stuff I think.  From http://www.rochfordsupply.com.

Based on the limited info so far,  I think if you are looking to put an awning on your camper you will be spending more and working harder than just getting the standard setup.

Nemo   8)

Lilburner:
What does a "complete ready to slip in the channel" one even involve? The channel (I assume what you're calling channel is what I call rail) is the bulk of the expense.

The only ones I've seen beyond DIY tarp awnings are called "bag awnings" and those stay on all the time. Not what I want.

So if I have to add channel, anyway - I'm 95% of the way there. I have tarps, ropes, and poles. I don't even specifically need the welt. You can sew a piece of rope into the hem, but I figured the welt would be smoother and slipperier in the rail to aid in one-person setup.

Nemo:
Next time you pass a camper, parked or on the highway look at the awning on the passenger side.  I am talking about the channel that screws onto the camper and all the rest of the fittings.

One that does not stay there will be a royal &(^*$#@&%*  PITA when you try to get it set up.  Been there, done that.  Not a way to go.

See link below for good set up.  Give me a length of what you want and I will look for a price.  IIRC you would need about 12-13 feet max?

Nemo

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/dometic-sunchaser-patio-awnings/51656d

Lilburner:
I definitely don't want something on there full time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version