Author Topic: Portable Emergency Manual Crank Generator  (Read 1560 times)

tlwagg

Portable Emergency Manual Crank Generator
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:28:17 PM »
Emergency Power Generator Portable Emergency Manual Crank Generator SOS Survival Charger https://www.banggood.com/Emergency-Power-Generator-Protable-Emergency-Manual-Crank-Generator-SOS-Survival-Charger-p-1310899.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN has anyone used one of these?
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Nemo

Re: Portable Emergency Manual Crank Generator
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 10:06:33 PM »
With my luck from Chinese stuff, I don't know if I could trust the supplier or product. 

And with the specs it puts out and needs in I don't think it would be of really much use.

Nemo

Specification:
Material: Metal
Color: Blue
Max power: 20W
Rotating speed: 2000rmp/min
Size(L*W*H): 125*80*85mm(4.92" X 3.15" X 3.34")
Voltage/Current: 3V/6.6A, 5V/4A,6V/3.3A, 9V/2.2A,12V/1.6A, 15V/1.3A
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

John Galt 1

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 02:51:08 PM »
I used to build generator packs that hooked to water turbines and a muscular friend would manually turn  them for testing while I watched the meters.      He was one of those guys who could ride a bicycle 40 miles a day but spinning a turbine hard enough to make 100 watts for more than a minute or two would wipe him out.     

Making electricity using muscle power takes a lot of energy and usually isn't a good choice with all the options such as solar or hydro out there.

Having said that; some electronics use so little power I think something like a hand crank radio receiver is worth having.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 03:54:10 PM »
I think the POU for this is SMALL electrics/electronics.

Where you used to (and still do) have hand crank lights and radios, this moves the hand crank to an independent unit while you're powering things with the same sort of draw.

As a rule of thumb, think anything USB powered. That's why I was so psyched to find a USB-chargeable handheld transceiver.

Of course solar charging is superior, but as one of the leaders in my radio club says "Another tool in the toolbox".
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 09:06:22 PM »
I had a crank radio, it "works" but it's basically a gimmick.
I crank it for a week and and half, it plays 30 seconds of music

Lilburner

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 09:16:29 PM »
I've had some specifically from a company named "Eton" that perform much better.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

BennyMG1

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 05:46:38 AM »
I’ve had my Grundig emergency radio with the crank battery charger for years and it still functions well.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

John Galt 1

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 09:15:41 AM »
I've also had a Grundig crank radio for about 5 years and it still works fine.       Crank it for about 5 minutes and it will play for about 90 minutes.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal