Author Topic: How to add calendar events  (Read 7088 times)

Lilburner

How to add calendar events
« on: January 08, 2018, 04:14:21 PM »
Anyone can add calendar events! Here's how.

First off, just make a post about an event. The state that it's being held in is usually a good choice of board, or a board that fits the nature of the event - say energy or homesteading - either way.

Of course you need the who, what, where, and when all self-contained in the post. Finish your post and close it normally.

After you get done, look almost ALL THE WAY at the bottom of the page. I have the hardest time with people finding this. Your choices will look a little different from mine, but one of them will be "Link to Calendar" as shown here.

Click that, and an event editor will come up. It's going to look mostly like the post editor with some extra stuff at the top. You're only worried about two fields as shown here. The "Event Title" and the date info. Note that "Subject" is your post subject. Leave that alone.

Under "Event Title", condense the description down just as short as you can while still giving the pertinent gist of information . DON'T include the date. It will display automatically. then move on to the date info. In the case of a multi-day event, you set the start date, then how many days it is. This way it will appear on the calendar all of those days. Remember to change the year if need be (usually later in the year when you're scheduling for next year). this is the one that gets me sometimes.

Hit the "Save" button down at the bottom and you're done!

If the event is in the next 90 days, you can see it on the home page calendar. If it's further out than that, you can go into the calendar from the tool bar to check it.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal