Author Topic: NC: Prepper Camp - Sept 28-30, 2018  (Read 5177 times)

Lilburner

NC: Prepper Camp - Sept 28-30, 2018
« on: January 19, 2018, 03:21:28 PM »
Join your hosts, Survivor Jane, Rick Austin (The Survivalist Gardener), Grannie Pam, and more than 30 of the most knowledgeable preparedness speakers in the world, at a prepper event you will want to attend each and every year.

http://www.preppercamp.com/

460 Orchard Lake Road, Saluda, NC
Sept 28th, 29th & 30th, 2018
Buy Your Deep Discount Tickets NOW!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

Re: NC: Prepper Camp - Sept 28-30, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 05:26:27 PM »
8 months away & there's no RV sites w/hookups available, only Tent City (dry).   Or local hotels/other campgrounds.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 05:40:31 PM »
That's my understanding, yes.

I think if you want a crack at going, 8 months out is the time to do it. They sell out every year.

I looked at going last year probably May timeframe after we moved the SEPN campout to October, and it was sold out.

Even so, it's a lot of camping on back to back weekends for me - same with the two events right after the Spring campout

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 05:57:52 PM »
If I remember post-apoc author Steven Bird's comments in October, many folks made their reservations for this year on the way out of the last one.

I was hoping to go but I'm not doing the tent thing.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 06:12:18 PM »
I thought it was just boondocking, like we do - that you could do a camper, but with no amenities.

I just found this, though

"Reserved RV & Pop-Up sites are available for $45/day, before they are sold out.

(All private camp sites include, water, electric and sewer hook ups.)
"

I THINK - kind of half-remembering from last year, the tent-only thing kicks in once the official campsites are gone

~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 06:18:40 PM »
I went to order a ticket and it says the RV campsites ARE gone.

Or did I misunderstand you?

Lilburner

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 06:23:41 PM »
You and I have clearly followed different paths within the website.
~ Daniel Webster

upacreek

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 08:24:06 AM »
I just ordered my ticket for the weekend.  The campsites are gone, despite what the website says.  It was wishful thinking this late in the game.  I got a non-smoking room with 2 beds if another woman or a woman and kid would like to split the costs with me (It'd be $60 a night). 

Who else is going?!?  Any interest in carpooling?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

BennyMG1

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 06:49:35 PM »
The commander and I are going to make plans to attend the 2019 event
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Lilburner

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 08:14:23 PM »
I fail at womanhood.

But I come and go on this. Some of it depends on my state of readiness for the campout the following weekend.

Maybe we could do the carpool part at the least.
~ Daniel Webster

upacreek

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 10:00:42 AM »
It's a week out now.  Is anyone else going?

Lilburner

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 12:02:49 PM »
I kept hoping, then it went to unlikely. Now I have to officially pull the plug on hoping to go. I just can't get away.

There MAY be some people who think they have dips on me the following weekend as well. But those people can suck it.

Let us know all about it!
~ Daniel Webster

John Galt 1

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 08:59:38 PM »
We're going Saturday and may stay over until Sunday if it looks worthwhile.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

upacreek

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 10:09:59 AM »
I don't know why I didn't see your post until now, John Galt.  I think I recognized a couple of couples from here, but only seeing people a few times in a couple years makes me not sure.  If you're not 4 legged or a little kid, I'm horrible with names and faces.

I had a great weekend!!!  I bought a lot of books and took a lot of classes.  The classes were only 1 to 1 1/4 hours long, so nothing to make you an expert on anything.  It did give me a lot of starting points to go from though.  I'll bring the books to the campout this weekend.  I don't mind sharing the fiction as long as you pass the books on to someone else after you've read them.  I share the DIY books too, but want them back.

There's another campout April 12-14 called Heritage Life Skills VIII.  Campers that have been to both said those classes run much longer and you get more hands-on experiences.  These classes were almost all butt-numbing classrooms with a speaker in front of you. (bring camp chairs if you go next year)  Both are great.  There's no way I could have learned such a wide variety of stuff if they had 4 hour classes.

The Heritage Life Skills Campout registration begins February 4, 2019.  I'll try to get the right info to the right person to begin a new post for that.

John Galt 1

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 10:29:46 PM »
We went Saturday and caught classes from cold smoking (really amazing how salt preserves) to meal making and bee keeping.
Stayed in the area overnight because "she who must be obeyed" was getting into the classes and wanted to do some more classes on Sunday but it was a downpour the next morning so we headed back home.

I caught the solar presentation since I'm giving a chat at the Cedar Shoals WMA campout just to see how Johnny presented the subject.      I plan on a more detailed hands on approach at the campout.

We are going to try cold smoking and a few other things we learned.        Defiantly worth going.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal