Author Topic: Blueberries  (Read 488 times)

tlwagg

Blueberries
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:29:57 AM »
Do any of you know which grower has the best blueberry plants. I want to plant a blueberry hedge along my fence so I'll need about 20 or so small ones. I love to put in the big ones bet that would be to expensive.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

joboomartin

Re: Blueberries
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:02:57 AM »
Tlwagg, Kinsey family farms had a good deal on them last year. Call first because they turn over stock constantly.

http://www.kinseyfamilyfarm.com/nursery-plants/blueberry-bushes.html

tlwagg

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:07:32 AM »
Thanks I'll give them a call.

RWS

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 11:27:36 AM »
I dig up bluberries for transplanting in February.  If you come down on a Saturday you can look over my solar installation at the same time.  Free blueberry bushes except for the time & fuel needed to come.

I will be at the Dalton Hamfest last weekend of Feb. 23-24.
Blue berries are like azaleas.  They are shallow rooted and like loose acid soil.  Well dranined and full sunlight.  Till in lots of mulch.  Till in lots of mulch.  Till in lots of mulch.  Use stuff that will rot and turn the soil acid.  Cover with pine straw.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:54:51 PM by RWS »

Ravenwood1950

• Bugged Out
    • http://www.arrl.org/ares
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 02:13:57 PM »
Ison's nursery is not far from me. That is where I got my plants. I really don't think you will need 20 plants, do you realize how big they get over time?
Ravenwood

tlwagg

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 02:40:08 PM »
I want to grow a blueberry hedge so I'll need a bunch of bushes.

RWS whan you say come down, how far down? Which city are you near?

RWS

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 05:33:28 PM »
Do any of you know which grower has the best blueberry plants. I want to plant a blueberry hedge along my fence so I'll need about 20 or so small ones. I love to put in the big ones bet that would be to expensive.
My blueberries are now dormant due to the recent cold.  Anyone that wants blueberries is welcome to come get some.  The ground is good and wet which makes them easier to get up with more attached roots.  Now until February when they start blooming.  You will need several different varieties.  Just PM me for directions and a time I will be here.
No,  I will not dig them up and bring them to the Christmas party.  I will be coming in the car, not the truck.

RWS

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 02:41:43 PM »
January is when I put epsom salts on my blueberries.  Magnesium is a trace element, so just a little bit is all you need.  It makes the berries bigger....Works on any fruit - tomatoes.