Author Topic: Prepping Classes in Perry County Tn.  (Read 3161 times)

Fixit

Prepping Classes in Perry County Tn.
« on: January 31, 2018, 09:51:29 PM »
This is late getting posted due a lot of things that didn't happen like it should . First a link to a Facebook page .
https://m.facebook.com/ScavengerandSelfReliance/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

Now these will be monthly meetings normally on the first Saturday of the month. They start at 1 pm with a potluck and a class at 2 pm . This month will be about sulfur .

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Prepping Classes in Perry County Tn.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 06:41:04 AM »
That sounds interesting.  Since I am in South Georgia, I will not be able to make it.  It would be nice if one of the group attends to give a short summary here.  I have a bag of Sulfer I use to coat my cut potato seeds.  Let them dry overnight before planting.  I heard it keeps the bugs out.

Fixit

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 09:51:33 AM »
One of the things that will be shown is an apple that was sliced ,put in a canning jar a piece of metal was put in to keep the next thing from touching to apple. That was a lit Cotton ball that was covered in sulfur . Once it was put in the lid was put on . The burning cotton w/ sulfur made a vacume sealing the jar. That was 6 months ago. Apple is still as white an crunchy as the day it was put in.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 11:53:36 AM »
One of the things that will be shown is an apple that was sliced ,put in a canning jar a piece of metal was put in to keep the next thing from touching to apple. That was a lit Cotton ball that was covered in sulfur . Once it was put in the lid was put on . The burning cotton w/ sulfur made a vacume sealing the jar. That was 6 months ago. Apple is still as white an crunchy as the day it was put in.
I now have a vacuum sealer with jar lid attachments.  Next Fall when I get my Elijay apples I am going to try sealing them with O2 absorber and see what happens !

Fixit

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 04:59:19 PM »
You need the burnt sulfur . Just vac sealing it want work.

Nemo

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 11:41:52 PM »
What does the sulfur put in there that makes the difference. 

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Fixit

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 06:30:38 AM »
Without going deep in to it...a weak form ofmustard gas .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal