State and Regional Boards > Tennessee

Prepping Classes in Perry County Tn.

(1/2) > >>

Fixit:
This is late getting posted due a lot of things that didn't happen like it should . First a link to a Facebook page .
https://m.facebook.com/ScavengerandSelfReliance/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

Now these will be monthly meetings normally on the first Saturday of the month. They start at 1 pm with a potluck and a class at 2 pm . This month will be about sulfur .

RWS:
That sounds interesting.  Since I am in South Georgia, I will not be able to make it.  It would be nice if one of the group attends to give a short summary here.  I have a bag of Sulfer I use to coat my cut potato seeds.  Let them dry overnight before planting.  I heard it keeps the bugs out.

Fixit:
One of the things that will be shown is an apple that was sliced ,put in a canning jar a piece of metal was put in to keep the next thing from touching to apple. That was a lit Cotton ball that was covered in sulfur . Once it was put in the lid was put on . The burning cotton w/ sulfur made a vacume sealing the jar. That was 6 months ago. Apple is still as white an crunchy as the day it was put in.

RWS:

--- Quote from: Fixit on February 01, 2018, 09:51:33 AM ---One of the things that will be shown is an apple that was sliced ,put in a canning jar a piece of metal was put in to keep the next thing from touching to apple. That was a lit Cotton ball that was covered in sulfur . Once it was put in the lid was put on . The burning cotton w/ sulfur made a vacume sealing the jar. That was 6 months ago. Apple is still as white an crunchy as the day it was put in.

--- End quote ---
I now have a vacuum sealer with jar lid attachments.  Next Fall when I get my Elijay apples I am going to try sealing them with O2 absorber and see what happens !

Fixit:
You need the burnt sulfur . Just vac sealing it want work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version