Author Topic: Amateur Radio Net Listing  (Read 29319 times)

Country Singer

Amateur Radio Net Listing
« on: July 23, 2015, 12:53:46 AM »
Nets of interest to the SEPN community.  Additional nets will be added as they are suggested.  Some HF Nets shift to 80 meters during winter; these will be updated when that shift occurs.

National HF Voice Nets
14.325 USB / 7.268 LSB  Hurricane Watch Net - Active when a hurricane is forecast to be within 300NM of land in the Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, and Caribbean.
14.342 USB                     AmRRON National Net - Twice monthly on Wednesday nights at 0130Z; see http://amrron.com  for full AmRRON net schedule.

Regional HF Voice Nets
7.242 LSB                       The American Preparedness Radio Network (TAPRN) - Sunday night at 2100 Eastern; primarily East Coast check-ins, with Net Control in Georgia
7.242 LSB                       AmRRON Eastern Region - Twice monthly on Thursday nights at 2300Z; with Net Control in Georgia
7.242 LSB                       AmRRON Central Region - Twice monthly on Thursday nights at 2330Z
3.860 LSB                      Patriot's Net Eastern Region - Nightly at 0100Z

State HF Voice Nets
7.242 LSB                       AmRRON Georgia Regional Net - Twice monthly on Thursday nights at 0100Z; follows East Regional AmRRON Digital Net

National HF Digital Nets
14.110                            AmRRON National Digital - Twice monthly on Wednesday nights at 0230Z; Contestia 4/250

Regional HF Digital Nets
7.110                               TAPRN Digital - 2nd and 4th Sunday at 2000 Eastern; Contestia 4/250
7.110                               AmRRON Eastern Region Digital - Twice monthly on Thursday nights at 2330Z; Contestia 4/250
7.110                               AmRRON Central Region Digital - Twice monthly on Thursday nights at 0000Z; Contestia 4/250

State HF Digital Nets

State VHF/UHF Voice Nets
Georgia

Southeast Linked Repeater Net - Every Wednesday night at 2100 Eastern; covers portions of GA, SC, NC, KY, TN, and AL.  See http://selinkedrepeater.net/ for a full listing of
                                                  all 36 repeaters; also Echolink capable.  Activates during severe weather and provides data to National Weather Service in Peachtree City, GA.

Peach State Intertie -  No scheduled nets; consists of 11 repeaters in Central GA linked full-time.  During Skywarn activation adds 7 additional repeaters. See
                                  http://www.peachstateintertie.com/ for repeater listing.  Also Echolink capable.

Augusta ARC Nightly Net - (Sun ~ Sat) Every evening at 8:00 p.m. local time on the  (W4DV-Repeater)145.490 Mhz and a  PL Tone of 71.9  Hz.  This net is to provide a nightly
                                         meeting spot to pass information and discussion of all Ham Radio related topics.

Augusta ARC Weekly Newcomers Net
- (WED) Every week at 9:00 p.m. local time on the (W4DV-Repeater) 145.490 Mhz and a PL Tone of 71.9.  Hz. This net is to provide a weekly
                                                            meeting spot to act as a forum to ask/answer questions for newcomers but old hands are welcome to help with answering questions.

Columbia County ARC Weekly Net - (Monday) Every week at 7:30 p.m. local time on the Columbia County Repeater @ 146.985 Mhz with a PL Tone of 100.0  Hz  . This net is to provide
                                                       a weekly meeting spot to pass information and discussion of all Ham Radio related topics.

Augusta ARC Weekly Net - (Friday) Meets at 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. local time on Single Side Band (SSB).  This on the 10m band.  the Primary Freq for this net is 28.375, and the
                                           Alternate Freq is 28.425 Hz.  The Net Control Station is KD4CK for this net is to provide a weekly meeting spot to communicate on the SSB/10m system.

Cherokee Capitol ARC Net
- (Thursday) Held Thursday nights at 8 PM on the linked repeaters. Prior to the repeater net a simplex net is held to test the area simplex abilities on
                                            146.565 at 7:45 PM. The club repeater operates under the club call sign of K4WOC on the frequency of 443.675+ tone 100. The K4WTD repeater
                                            146.685- tone 167.9 linking with the club repeater provides great coverage over the Calhoun/Gordon County and surrounding areas. Also the KJ4JJX
                                            system operating at 224.520- tone 100 and 224.940- tone 100 are part of the club’s repeater system.

Dalton ARC - (Sunday)   145.230-600  Repeater at 9:30 PM for club announcements, updates and fellowship.

Mississippi

Mississippi Preparedness Project Net - Sharon, MS: W5PPB-R, 145.450-, 77Mhz tone, Echolink 39154 and DeSoto County: KD5CKP-R, 147.255+, 79.7Mhz tone; Every Thursday night at 1930 Central.

State VHF/UHF Digital Nets
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:59:42 PM by Country Singer »
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Gunner

Re: Amateur Radio Net Listing
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 09:40:01 PM »
Can we post nets of local interest, or should we direct them to our Regional Areas for posting?
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

Country Singer

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 07:12:13 PM »
Feel free to post local nets in this thread as well.  Just put the area/region/town, what ever is applicable and the net name in the subject line.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

tlwagg

North Fulton Nets - Sweat Mountain and EchoLink
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 07:29:30 PM »
These NETS are in North Fulton on 145.47 Sweat Mountain repeater and ECHOlink.

North Fulton YL Net 145.47 (-) PL 100.0HZ or  ECHOlink ALARA Conference Node 286905 (ALARA) Thursday's at 8:00 pm. Following the YL Net, at 9:00PM YLs may join the YLRL (Young Ladies' Radio League) 20m net on 14.288MHz.

North Fulton also has a Tech Net that meets every Monday evening at 8:30 p.m. local time on the 145.47 (-) PL 100.0Hz ECHOlink node 560686 (NF4GA-R) this net is to provide a forum for an open Q & A technical discussion of all Ham Radio related topics.

Youth NET on Wednesdays at 7:00 pm 145.47 (-) PL 100.0Hz ECHOlink node 560686 (NF4GA-R
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:30:51 PM by Country Singer »
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Gunner

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 09:58:41 AM »
Hello, hey is my contribution to nets of local interest, to the Region 7 area:

Augusta Amateur Radio Club, (ARC),  has a Nightly Net, (Sun ~ Sat), that meets every evening at 8:00 p.m. local time on the  (W4DV-Repeater)145.490 Mhz and a  PL Tone of 71.9  Hz.  This net is to provide a nightly meeting spot to pass information and discussion of all Ham Radio related topics.

Augusta Amateur Radio Club, (ARC),  has a Weekly Newcomers  Net, (WED), that meets every week at 9:00 p.m. local time on the (W4DV-Repeater) 145.490 Mhz and a PL Tone of 71.9.  Hz. This net is to provide a weekly meeting spot to act as a forum to ask/answer questions for newcomers but old hands are welcome to help with answering questions.

Columbia County Amateur Radio Club, (ARC),  has a Weekly Net, (Monday), that meets every week at 7:30 p.m. local time on the Columbia County Repeater @ 146.985 Mhz with a PL Tone of 100.0  Hz  . This net is to provide a weekly meeting spot to pass information and discussion of all Ham Radio related topics.

Augusta Amateur Radio Club, (ARC),  has a Weekly Net, (Friday), that meets at 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. local time on Single Side Band (SSB).  This on the 10m band.  the Primary Freq for this net is 28.375, and the Alternate Freq is 28.425 Hz.  The Net Control Station is KD4CK for this net is to provide a weekly meeting spot to communicate on the SSB/10m system.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:01:06 AM by Gunner »
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

elandil

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 10:28:20 AM »
From the Cherokee Capitol Amateur Radio webpage...

The club repeater operates under the club call sign of K4WOC on the frequency of 443.675+ tone 100. The K4WTD repeater 146.685- tone 167.9 linking with the club repeater provides great coverage over the Calhoun/Gordon County and surrounding areas. Also the KJ4JJX system operating at 224.520- tone 100 and 224.940- tone 100 are part of the club’s repeater system.

A weekly net is held Thursday nights at 8 PM on the linked repeaters. Prior to the repeater net a simplex net is held to test the area simplex abilities on 146.565 at 7:45 PM.

http://k4woc.com covers Gordon, nortwest bartow, and some of floyd.

Only thing I could find on Dalton club..

Join the Sunday night net with KI4IG (Tom) on The Dalton Amateur Radio Club 145.230-600  Repeater at 9:30 PM for club announcements, updates and fellowship

http://w4drc.webstarts.com/index.html
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:35:35 AM by elandil »
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

Gunner

Re:(UPDATE) Amateur Radio Net Listing..... 26 SEP 16
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 01:54:45 AM »
Hello, hey is my contribution to nets of local interest, to the Region 7 area:

Augusta Amateur Radio Club, (ARC),  has a Nightly Net, (Sun ~ Sat), that meets every evening at 8:00 p.m. local time on the  (W4DV-Repeater)145.490 Mhz and a  PL Tone of 71.9  Hz.  This net is to provide a nightly meeting spot to pass information and discussion of all Ham Radio related topics.

Augusta Amateur Radio Club, (ARC),  has a Weekly Newcomers  Net, (WED), that meets every week at 9:00 p.m. local time on the (W4DV-Repeater) 145.490 Mhz and a PL Tone of 71.9.  Hz. This net is to provide a weekly meeting spot to act as a forum to ask/answer questions for newcomers but old hands are welcome to help with answering questions.

Columbia County Amateur Radio Club, (ARC),  has a Weekly Net, (Monday), that meets every week at 7:30 p.m. local time on the Columbia County Repeater @ 146.985 Mhz with a PL Tone of 71.9  Hz  . This net is to provide a weekly meeting spot to pass information and discussion of all Ham Radio related topics.

Augusta Amateur Radio Club, (ARC),  has a Weekly Net, (Friday), that meets at 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. local time on Single Side Band (SSB).  This on the 10m band.  the Primary Freq for this net is 28.375, and the Alternate Freq is 28.425 Hz.  The Net Control Station is KD4CK for this net is to provide a weekly meeting spot to communicate on the SSB/10m system.
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

Country Singer

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 08:53:29 PM »
Gunner, I should have added that to the pinned post a while back!

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 11:28:39 AM »
Georgia
I looked this net listing over.  How many repeaters have renewable backup power?  That tells you how many may be in operation.  75 or 80 meters would be much better station to station.  Ground wave on 75 meters is about 25 to 45 miles.  When thinking of communications I think of after SHTF.  When there is civil disorder and fuel is tight and grid unavilable.  In that circumstance 3.975Mhz is monitored by a lot of Georgia Hams.  That is the GSSBN net freq.  Next would be 3.995Mhz in the morning 5AM till 9AM is Georgia Cracker net.  A lot of Georgia hams monitor every day.  You would not want to try to use it for regular nets as it is occupied, but when all else fails you may be able to contact someone.  What good it will do you is questionable.  I do not expect any help from government.  The opposite is expected that they will try to come onto my property and take over....been a ham since 1974.  Communicating after SHTF is way.....way  down the list.  WATER, FOOD & SHELTER.  After SHFT  I would not expect anyone to show up to check if you even have a license !!  They will be out looking to find Water, Food & shelter using any means available to get it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:24:05 PM by RWS »

Lilburner

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 09:13:11 PM »
Yes the licensing goes out the window. But it's good to do it ahead of time because of all the practice and exercise. Someone that's never been in a position to key up is going to be effectively lost.

Many repeaters will be valuable in the short term at least - say a week or two until they expend their reserve power source (diesel or propane for the most part - don't know of any solar repeaters). Hopefully to help a lot of people get where they're going.

I've learned not to poo poo any communications technology, really. I've always said D-Star et al was pointless because it used the internet. It turned out to be a big huge thing for IRMA - Even Zello was a huge deal.

As one of the leaders in our club says of all this stuff - "another tool in the tool box".

Granted, for long-term grid down end of the world type stuff, all news of the outside world will travel by HF, but here will be use for VHF/UHF within groups and communities.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

engineer3d

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 09:41:20 PM »
Lilburner,
Now you've got me curious. I've never seen any point to D Star either. D Star seemed to just be a very expensive, mobile, echo link in a radio case to me. Do you know how it was used in Irma and will it work for us? Is it worth investing in? Also, how does Zillo work and what range will it cover with and w/o cell towers?
Like most of you, I have a couple of hand held and mobile 2 meter transceivers. I don't know how much good they'll be, but my comms are covered for short distances.
I remember carrying the squad radio in the army. It was big and heavy back then. No fun at all.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 10:03:21 AM »
Like most of you, I have a couple of hand held and mobile 2 meter transceivers. I don't know how much good they'll be, but my comms are covered for short distances.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 meters is good for around the compound.  Makes things run more efficiently, but more important is its use when mauraders show up. 
I agree.
RWS

Country Singer

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 10:31:13 AM »
I'm experimenting with DMR now and it might have some potential.  The appeal to most DMR users is the "DX" aspect via the internet, but what I've noticed is that the range seems to be better in an RF sense.  I'm still not sure about that observation, though, as I'm still learning about how it's set up, where the repeaters are, the antenna height on the repeaters, etc.  However, it looks like on UHF I can hit one DMR repeater that's approx 22 miles away using a 4w handheld and the digital audio is crystal clear with almost no packet loss.  When I get the chance I'm going to test it simplex and compare it side-by-side with analog.  The advantage from a prepper point of view would be that the digital signal would be less likely to be used against you; with analog FM your comms are much easier to listen to.  With digital, there are a lot less people who will be able to eavesdrop; there's even a limited number of scanner models available on the market that will demodulate DMR (and similar amateur digital modes like D-Star), and they're pretty pricey.  Having said that, someone with the technical savvy and the right gear can "hack" digital comms...these radios have a lot of the same basic vulnerabilities that cell phones have, so that's another consideration.

Lilburner

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »
Did you get the dual band?
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 01:05:39 PM »
Nope, got the TYT MD-380.  UHF only.  I didn't want to sink a lot of money into it, especially since I also just bought a new IC-7200.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal