Author Topic: Cheap peanut butter  (Read 1360 times)

aces

Cheap peanut butter
« on: February 15, 2018, 09:07:26 AM »
If you don't buy peanut butter in bulk at a club store, this might help.  I can't eat it, but this size might be good in some bugout bags/kits. 

If one has a Kroger card and downloads a coupon on their site or app for this deal, you can get their store brand peanut butter for 89 cents each this coming week for 16 ounce jars. you can use the one coupon for up to 5 times (5 items) in one purchase (cannot spread it out over multiple trips.)

So you can get 5 at this price.

www.kroger.com/ or get their app.
Then click "Savings" at top.
Roll down to "Coupons".

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Cheap peanut butter
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:55:35 AM »
I only keep a few peanut butter jars in stock.  Peanut butter is not noted for long shelf life.  You could extend that by putting it in a refrigirator (space) or a freezer.  What I finally did for long term storage is go to the canned powder.  I keep 3 or for jars in the pantry for short time use.  We never go camping without peanut butter, Ritz crackers and a can of soup.

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 10:34:04 AM »
I've had peanut butter that I didn't finish up until 3 years past the x-date, I didn't even open it until  2 & 1/2 yrs past and it was still good.  For long term storage, you're right but it does stay good much longer than we think.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:19:30 AM »
That may be, but I have had it go rancid while open and stored in the kitchen pantry.  Must have already been old to start with.  I do not look at expiration dates at least I didn't used to.

aces

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 12:00:20 PM »
I can eat peanut butter powder since it so much lower in fat.  Stores well too! Love to mix it with cocoa powder for some different recipes.  It costs more, but I can often find it on clearance at Kroger or online.

We always keep our peanut butter in the fridge in this warmer and humid climate.  But it was stored in the cupboard in the high plains desert conditions I grew up in (along with the butter!)

That's why I said "in some bags".  It depends on how yours is stored.  Thanks for the feedback about your experiences RW and StarLady.

SS-Preppers

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 09:55:24 PM »
Thanks....I will load up.....love to put milk, yogart, peanut butter, honey and whatever fruit I have to make a smoothie for breakfast in my "cheapo" brand bullet......

Nemo

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 12:20:40 PM »
Beer-- Nectar of the gods.

Peanut Butter-- Ambrosia of the gods.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal