Author Topic: So I'm trying Bitcoin  (Read 8195 times)

Lilburner

Re: So I'm trying Bitcoin
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2019, 07:49:54 PM »
Hell I'm almost tempted to buy more! How bad can it get?

I'm at $101.38!

Wish I'd been brave enough to load up back when I said that.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 08:57:32 PM »
at least you held, most guys get shaken out on the first dip
as the kids say HODL

on another note, ledgers are down to 60$ and are in stock

nj_m715

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2021, 12:27:44 AM »
check it now

ProGeek

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 10:40:25 AM »
Time to sell it! I wish I'd got some many years ago.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Abigayle

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 11:38:50 AM »
Might want to put it in silver, with had the biggest gains of the metals last year.  If the green new deal is pushed at all, and solar energy is given a good tax break (it's terrible in Ga.) silver should go up.  That being said, watching the dow climb, when it has every reason not to, makes me loose respect for my own opinion.
Ariel

Abigayle

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 02:41:25 PM »
Look at Bitcoin today and keep the faith!!!
Ariel

John Galt 1

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 08:58:25 AM »
As some may recall from my post early in this thread I put some of my 2017 coin profits in Tether to lock the profits in.     In November I used the Tether coins to get back in with 2/3 going into BTC and 1/3 into ETH.         Watching things closely.         Just wish I'd had the courage (or stupidity)  to get back in when BTC was down to $4000.

Now if I can just learn to do this well with stocks.      I've invested in stocks for decades.     Slow and steady growing things.      But about a year ago I
 helped 2 young guys from work open brokerage accounts and start investing in stocks.      They invest in some crazy stuff I'd never consider like Chinese EV companies and tiny tech companies.      One of these guys has tripled his money in a year, the other is up 550% in a year.       I've started looking at some of their suggestions in a small way but lose money when I try their ideas.

I've explained how capitol gains taxes work and advised them to put 25% of their short term profits aside for taxes.     
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Rockhopper

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2021, 10:17:31 AM »
Anyone know about rolling a 403B account into bitcoin for diversification purposes or a good alternate electronic currency? For example any preferred brokerage accounts I would need to open in order to do this?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal