Author Topic: Early American Life Magazine  (Read 1812 times)

Country Singer

Early American Life Magazine
« on: March 11, 2018, 01:55:16 PM »
Does anyone have a subscription or a review on Early American Life?  I got a tipoff about it and I may subscribe.  It appears that they have some potentially very useful information; looking at the current issue's contents, there are some articles on building cold frames and hot beds for gardening as well as one on historic leather-working techniques.
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

tlwagg

Re: Early American Life Magazine
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »
I haven't read that one, but if you haven't seen Backwoodsman you should give it a look. This month it has:
Master the Bow Drill With Creek Stewart
The Turkey Bone Powder Measure
Mountain Man Fishing
The Duck Hunter 3000
A Simple Method Of Making Grape Wine
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »
I'm going to get it just for the wine article.   Now that I've soap and salves nailed down, this will be the year of wine!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
We've made beer but haven't tried wine yet. Hubbies granddad use to make wine, I liked it but I was the only one, it was a sweet wine. The rest of the family are real wine connoisseur they like the fancy stuff.

8greenbeans

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 12:25:58 AM »
Another down for wine this year! I'm with you tlwagg - needs to be sweet. I don't care how good it is *supposed* to be and how *perfect* the wine is - if it is dry and no sweet then it isn't good.

I think I'll pick up both issues next week. They both sound interesting.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Fixit

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 07:27:02 AM »
OK . You people wanting to make wine go plant a bed of lemon balm . You will want at lest a 3' x 3' bed and a 3'x6' would be better . Will post our recipe  in a  new thread probably tomorrow.
 I say probably cause I going on a day trip that I do every month. Last month I lost 5 days. Got hit with Viral Encephalitis. I can remember noon Saturday the next thing I know it was Wednesday night.

SS-Preppers

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 09:22:00 AM »
Don't forget about Dandelion Wine.....start now and you'll have some to drink by mid to late summer.......

tlwagg

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 03:29:04 PM »
Thanks 8GB! Hubbies family is so into wine his dad can tell where they grew the grapes most of the time. Me I like sweet even though it is suppose to be a dessert wine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal