Author Topic: Storing eggs  (Read 740 times)

Itsallgood

Storing eggs
« on: April 12, 2018, 09:25:40 AM »
Well, we had an abundance of duck eggs here so we put them in the freeze dryer. A friend of mine has a freeze dryer so we just gave him some of the eggs for the use of his machine. We were able to put 37 duck eggs in at a time, it takes a little over 24hrs till done. Once done we put them in mylar bags with an O2 absorber in each bag. Each bag has 9 eggs (equal to about 18 chicken eggs). Can also dehydrate them but the freeze dryer makes the texture much nicer. That's all I got.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Storing eggs
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:37:05 AM »
I have been contemplating the purchase of a freeze dryer.  How do you prepare the eggs?  Do you biol & peal?

Do you cut them up in any way?  I have been using canning jars with a vacuum sealer to store stuff. (pasta, rice, beans ect.)  I figure after SHTF that the jars and lids may be valuable to have.

Itsallgood

Re: Storing eggs
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 10:01:53 AM »
RWS,

We fix the eggs up just like your making scrambled eggs. 1 tbls. freeze dried egg mixed with 1 tbls of water = 1 egg (chicken size egg). We're also using the canning jars. These eggs would be for longer term usage. Canning jar sealers are the ticket also. We just do more mylar for long term items. Just seems easier for us to move if need be.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal