Author Topic: Atlanta/Gwinnett Prepper Show and SEPN Meet/Greet/Lunch - August 25, 2018  (Read 6368 times)

bountyhunter

I will be there with some things for the give away.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Lilburner

Teaser - they might not let me in the restaurant with one of my door prizes LOL
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Thanks to everyone who turned out! It was great to see everyone.

I think almost everyone who went to the show, myself included, was disappointed that after several years of attending, it had given up any pretense of being a prepper show, and has become just a regular gun show. TruPrep wasn't even there. There were a few preps scattered throughout like at any gun show.

This get together really rounds out our events nicely - giving us spring, summer, winter, and fall. I'd like to keep doing something - just maybe not this. One idea I had was a pot luck picnic at a park pavillion. Of course that would be subject to weather. I'd love to hear other ideas. We could even leave it as is, but  quit calling it a prepper show. It would be great if we could piggyback off of something, though, that would be a draw for the people further away for more than just lunch.

I'd love for y'all to share ideas!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

And once again, Thank YOU,  Lilburner for putting it all together.  I am seriously working on a place for the Christmas Party and I'll have more options in a few weeks.

It WAS so good to see the folks who showed up, a couple of surprises and a newbie I hadn't met before.  We always have some great conversations...….some weird, but always great, LOL.   Plus, dang, Jim & Nick's food is pretty good!

Got home to find I'd won an advance copy of Bobby Akart's 1st book in his new series: Yellowstone, Hellfire.
If you like shtf books but not necessarily zombies, you should try some of his series:  Boston Brahmin, Blackout, Pandemic and Lone Star.  Politics, medicine, plain folk, elites, always some military action, good guys and bad guys, I learn something from everything he writes.  I'm happy to have something else to look forward to on this non-racing weekend!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

bountyhunter

Again thanks to Lilburner for putting the luncheon together! Good job! The show was really a bust as far as preppers was concerned. Again more gun show than anything else. I did buy a few things ammo and a few books that I have been looking for and got them cheaper than online so that was a thumbs up deal.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Searchboss

Like everyone else, I too was disappointed in the lack of "prepper gear" this year. I picked up a few odds and ends that I found there that were priced well, but nothing significant. It was mainly a gun show. I don't know if there is a way that we can influence them to change that or not.

Thanks to Lilburner for organizing the luncheon! That was the real reason we came up so we could see everyone who attended and socialize a bit. I do think that we will have a bigger turnout if there is another morning event to entice people to make the trip and then attend the luncheon as a finale. The model is working so it is probably a good idea to stick with it, but maybe look for another more appropriate event or activity to pair with the lunch.

It was great to see everyone we met last year as well as the new faces attending this year. This is a great bunch of people.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal