Author Topic: Copperhead  (Read 4500 times)

Acdoctor

Copperhead
« on: June 05, 2018, 12:34:53 AM »
Hello everyone just thought I would share my bad day with you, got off work in time enough to get some stuff done around the house , got most done then I went down to feed my daughters English Jack Russell terrier only to find a copperhead in his lot. It had bit him twice , once in the lower jaw and again between the front legs. He is not doing so hot after 3 hours at the vets office I guess we will have to wait and see. Hope he makes it for my daughters sake. Maybe tomorrow will go better.  ( copperhead had to die )

BennyMG1

Re: Copperhead
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 06:22:01 AM »
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for your daughter and her fur baby.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:14:13 PM »
Poor baby!  Twice on a JRT is definitely not good.  Hoping he makes it!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

elandil

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 09:43:25 PM »
Sorry to hear that...growing up running around in the woods like we did, copperheads were our only real fear. Rattlesnakes were at least gentlemanly enough to warn you, copperheads were nothing but hidden meanness....  :-\
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

Starlady

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 01:17:54 PM »
Today was my day to catch a 3.5' timber rattler.  With my 4' snake tongs.   Dead snake.  Dog gets a steak for dinner!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Acdoctor

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 07:15:55 PM »
Well my daughters little jack is holding his own, he has been very sick since being bitten but the antibiotic as well as the pain pills he is slowly coming back around, still weak and doesn't want to eat much but getting better every day. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes it made my girl feel better about the hole ordeal. Glad you got the rattler star lady that could have been bad also. Thanks again

crplhood

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 11:49:09 AM »
Hunters I ran into last weekend in the Pine Log WMA said they saw two coppers just in the one morning.

John Galt 1

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 11:45:10 PM »
I did tree work for cash back in collage mostly clearing large woodlots.       My friend (John) had been bitten by copper heads twice during the previous year.     Both times John went to the hospital, been hooked to an  IV and sent home the next day with a $500 bill.        By the time he got to the hospital all they could do was keep him hydrated with an IV.

So one day when we were dragging limbs John jumped up slinging his arm back.     I saw the copperhead fly away after releasing his forearm.     He looked at us and said "I'm going home boys before I get sick.     Bring me come Gatorade to keep me hydrated."        After work I swung by his place with a bottle of Gatorade.      He kept puking in the toilet and was sweating up a storm but 3 days later he was back at work.

A copperhead bite will rarely kill unless...     true story here.
A all girls summer camp I worked at occasionally got raided at night by a few local boys doing a "panty raid".       While being chased out 3 local boys ran up through the woods.     The 1st boy fell into a hole where a tree had fallen over.       The hole was full of baby copperheads.      The 2nd boy saw his buddy fall and bounced in and back out of the hole.     The 3rd boy stopped.       The baby copperheads killed the 1st boy and the 2nd boy got bitten 3 times on the calf and ankle but lived.        The fire department had to use poisen gas to kill the snakes to retreive the 1st boy's body.       
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

bountyhunter

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 07:37:45 PM »
I have been bit by a rattlesnake......like getting hit with a ball bat on my leg. I survived but I don't recommend getting bit.....
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal