Author Topic: When do you plan to bug out, what finally pulls the trigger?  (Read 563 times)

Mizery0317

Obviously situation will always dictate any action. As well depending on what the crisis or disaster is. That being said, i wanted to see what yall had in mind as the finally straw that will make you bug out. I see a immediate disaster making it easier than a slow burning disaster. What are yalls thoughts?
Stay Humble.

BennyMG1

Re: When do you plan to bug out, what finally pulls the trigger?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 03:54:41 PM »
As you mentioned, it really depends on the situation. Early reports of the formation of the golden hoard will be enough for me.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Lilburner

• Webmaster
  • Bugged Out
  • Gen. Class
    • http://www.arrl.org/ares
    • http://www.georgiacarry.org/
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 08:23:18 PM »
Frankly I think the slow moving disaster would be easier. You could double check and weigh all your plans and options. The immediate would be just grab what you can carry - a bag, a carload whatever, and hope nothings blocking your path.

Of course I have contingencies for either, and everything in between. Best case is when your situational awsreness goes off esrly so you can be the first one out of dodge.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

elandil

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 08:54:20 PM »
A good prepper has prepped for any situation. I have made several plans, some of which i've already been able to test thanks to situations beyond my control. 

As for the trigger, everyone's is different, and you are the only one who can decide what yours will be.  ;)
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

ChristianJ

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »
I live at my bugout location.

HogJowlHomestead

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 07:21:57 AM »
Were self sustained where we are on the homestead. But when will i abandon this place? When the state outlaws homeschooling and my kids are in jeopardy. A military force invades or the hordes become to thick to handle. We will head to the least ravaged place left, i have family north and west.

I live in the historic cove up here in walker county, Purdue Chicken is looking at putting the largest meat processing plant on the coast a few miles up the road in 2021 on the old barly plants. That will likly be my q to move.

Amish

• Bag Half Full
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 12:53:44 PM »
Depends on the situation of coarse but a early warning sign for me will be any disruption in the supply chain distribution channel. If trucks are not moving or having trouble, food shortages will be sure to follow quickly behind. Being ahead of civil unrest will be key for my bug out.

ProGeek

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 04:25:53 PM »
I plan to bug-in on the homestead.  We already moved out of the city.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Gunner

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 01:54:52 AM »
I am situated pretty good... It would take some event to compromise the structural integrity of the house to make us go to a bug out mode.  we have the well, generator, fuel, storage bldgs., and small garden area for the two of us.... so a loss of one single thing other than the house isn't enough to make us leave. 
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

Fixit

• New Bugout Bag
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 01:38:38 PM »
Being 5 miles back on a logging road i am the bugout location .

John Galt 1

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 09:18:34 AM »
Older thread I know but... I think the OP was asking about what would make you gather together at your bug out location.      Call the family together.

First signs of a pandemic.
Strong immediate nuclear threat.

For people who live in a dense urban environment any potenialy large social unrest with looting.