Author Topic: Firefly Gathering next week  (Read 1693 times)

upacreek

Firefly Gathering next week
« on: June 14, 2018, 09:53:22 AM »
Has anyone gone to a Firefly Gathering in NC?  If so, what did you think?  I just saw a post about the event next week on FB.  The class list is huge!  Of course I only saw it hours after online registration ended.  I have a friend visiting next week, so I'm not sure I could go anyway.  Next year it will be on my radar though.

Here's the link: https://fireflygathering.org/detailed-class-descriptions
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

BennyMG1

Re: Firefly Gathering next week
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 10:39:39 AM »
I looked at the website. This might be something pretty interesting to try next year. I saw several classes I would be interested in.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:56:30 PM »
I'd be interested to know if and when there's one announced for next year so we can add it to the calendar.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »
I looked at the website. This might be something pretty interesting to try next year. I saw several classes I would be interested in.

That's certainly some interesting classes on the list.
- Peyote Beadwork for Beginners
- Ninja Sensory Development
- Consensual Cuddle Class
- Partner Massage (if you don't have a partner, just find one in the class!)
- Freeform Kudzu Hat
- And, of course. . .Drum Circle 101!

“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 07:02:04 PM »
It has been awhile but I have done peyote beadwork. I like beadwork. I couldn't find any info on the cost for the event. It sounds very interesting. Country Singer, I have drums for the drumming circle too.
Ravenwood

Country Singer

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 07:08:58 PM »
Ravenwood, I just knew you were an old hippie!  ;D

Also: $255 for adults to attend the full event.

“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

BennyMG1

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 06:45:19 AM »
Oh goodness !!!! I just can't wait to learn how to make a hat out of kudzu. I'm already wearing the latest in kudzu underwear.......ooops TMI.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

elandil

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »

That's certainly some interesting classes on the list.
- Peyote Beadwork for Beginners
- Ninja Sensory Development
- Consensual Cuddle Class
- Partner Massage (if you don't have a partner, just find one in the class!)
- Freeform Kudzu Hat
- And, of course. . .Drum Circle 101!

See, I saw some of that and I got the vibe that it was half hippie commune and half primitive living....Like a Preppers version of Burning Man...
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal