Author Topic: My $100 Snapper lawn mower find.  (Read 1510 times)

Lilburner

My $100 Snapper lawn mower find.
« on: June 20, 2018, 06:42:37 PM »
I'm starting to think part of homesteading is hoarding things you don't need when you have the opportunity.

That would explain the pallets, barrels, milk jugs, etc.

I certainly didn't need this.

It's a 12HP and has all the hardware for three modes - bag, mulch, and side discharge. I might actually bag in the future and compost the green grass with the brown mulch. We'll see.

It has an extra blade, extra air filter - has the manual and all the service records!

It's only a 28" deck, but it's as powerful as my "lawn tractor" mower I think.

A guy on my nextdoor is moving and wanted to get rid of it fast.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

bountyhunter

Re: My $100 Snapper lawn mower find.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 07:34:36 PM »
Gave one of them away a short while ago!
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 08:19:46 PM »
Woot! $36 later (fresh battery and a shot of starting fluid), I have a perfectly running mower purring like a kitten. I don't think this thing has 20 hours on it. It's just... dusty. I saw the exact same one go for $850. I'll hold on to it for a while, though - 2 is one and you can never have enough working power equipment.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SS-Preppers

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 10:42:50 PM »
Excellent, my brother.....they may not be "purdy", but they are a quality piece of machinery......get you some sta-bil and pay her a visit every 4 months.......outstanding score.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal