Author Topic: Zaycon suspending operations  (Read 2867 times)

Ravenwood1950

Zaycon suspending operations
« on: June 26, 2018, 10:20:54 AM »
Saw this all over FB this morning, if you have pending orders you probably need to contact your credit card company. So sad; great products. I hope they are just re-organizing or something like that.
Ravenwood

elandil

Re: Zaycon suspending operations
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 05:27:54 PM »
 :o
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

tlwagg

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 07:29:40 PM »
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 10:09:09 PM »
I hope no one gets stiffed.  For the past 3 months, I've been thinking of placing another for their fantastic bacon but for some reason, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  Once again, some inner voice kept telling me no even though I've bought quite a bit from them in the past few years.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 10:11:24 PM »
I just picked up bacon from them last week, this happened fast and even the delivery men had no warning. So sad for everyone.
Ravenwood

Starlady

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 10:32:42 PM »
And their FB page is gone.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

ChristianJ

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 11:14:38 AM »
And their FB page is gone.

Strange.
Christian pastor & theologian

Fixit

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 01:33:35 PM »
Part of it was a lawsuit . Something to do with another company  and the SEC .

Lilburner

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 02:21:55 PM »
Do you have any more info on that? Google News is lacking.

They sent me a text. This is for 80 lbs of chicken I'm buying a freeze dryer for. Sad to see them fail. And surprising. I thought it was a great model.

Anyone looked in to refunds, or do they charge at pickup? I can't remember.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

joebob

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 02:37:35 PM »
I have 2 orders pending with them. I hope I don't get stuck for a couple of hundred.

Lilburner

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 02:38:36 PM »
No. Worst case the card company will eat it. I just need to find my order in email, go back, and see if there's a corresponding charge that day.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 03:14:54 PM »
Contact your credit card company ASAP for assistance with orders that won't be delivered. So sad.
Just found this article and it gives some more information about what happened.

https://thethriftycouple.com/zaycon-closing-its-doors-heres-what-you-need-to-know-and-do/

Ravenwood

Fixit

joebob

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2018, 03:36:38 PM »
I sent an email to the address on the notice that my delivery was cancelled but have not gotten a reply. Has anyone heard any news or a response from them.  My credit card that I used is from a Credit Union and they require me to contact them ( Zaycon ) and try to get a refund before they get involved.

joebob

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 06:34:54 PM »
Jumped thru all the hoops for the credit union and got my refund. I hope somebody starts a new company to replace Zaycon.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal