Author Topic: Product review Be prepared 3 day deluxe emergency kit  (Read 1421 times)

Amish

Product review Be prepared 3 day deluxe emergency kit
« on: July 09, 2018, 03:49:12 PM »
I received the first 20 out of the 500 that I ordered today. Below is the biggest pro and con of this product. If I were wanting a bag for myself I would pass and build my own. These are for my company and we are ordering 500 so I don't want to spend the next year building kits so these will serve their purpose.
https://beprepared.com/3-day-deluxe-emergency-kit.html#
Cons-
All products are made in China. The biggest con is the standard  canvas backpack bag with cheaply made zippers. I do not see it holding up long. It is listed as a deluxe but take that with a grain of salt. This bag by any prepper standards would be considered very basic and lacking.

Pro- The lantern is a nice usb rechargeable. The paraknife is light weight and has a good edge. Both knife and lantern are made by ultimate survival technologies.

If I were to add anything that I feel is a must have in 3 day bag it would be a water bottle and a mini sawyer.

Searchboss

Re: Product review Be prepared 3 day deluxe emergency kit
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 06:15:10 PM »
You did not state what kind of company/people the kits are for, I am guessing an EMA, hospital, or fire department? It is good to see "corporate" support for getting people prepared for emergencies. That is a lot more than most would do. The follow on training about how and when to use the equipment (if they are not already trained) is key. I wish more companies would follow through like that when they prepare an emergency response plan.

As to the quality of the bag and equipment; when I joined our local CERT they issued me a pack with a basic CERT equipment list similar to this https://www.emergencykits.com/emergency-kits/c-e-r-t-kits/standard-cert-kit-with-deluxe-green-vest/ when I completed training. The cheap bag is OK to keep stuff together, but I don't think it would last long in a field environment. The only time I use it is when we have exercises and they want everyone to be "uniform". The three times we have actually been called out I have taken my own personal "ready pack" and equipment which is of higher quality and greater capability. Even so, it was crucial that everyone was trained and issued equipment that is actually useable. Your kits, admittedly for a different purpose, are in my opinion far more useful.

That is a LOT of corporate money for a lot of kits. Are they going to be issued individually, or are they going to be stored on-site for use if/when something happens?

Amish

Re: Product review Be prepared 3 day deluxe emergency kit
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 01:12:33 PM »
They will be kept in Medical supply distribution centers in each state and deployed onto trucks with drivers during a time of need such has hurricane, snow storm ect..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal