Author Topic: I am sorry.......It's all my fault....... I confess.  (Read 2134 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
I am sorry.......It's all my fault....... I confess.
« on: July 15, 2018, 09:02:36 PM »
It seemed the right thing to do ?  After I am a prepper.   I want to be able to drive my car at least locally when the banks are closed, when the grid is down and when there is no gas stations open.  I am sorry I caused this problem !

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/carbon-emissions-united-states-bp-oil/2018/07/15/id/871800/

I did not realize that charging my hybrid electric car from my solar system was going to cause this problem.  Declines are not good while the rest of the world is increasing.

upacreek

Re: I am sorry.......It's all my fault....... I confess.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 11:07:43 PM »
Monster
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

John Galt 1

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 03:00:41 PM »
Because of the incredibly high battery replacement costs the 1st generation of electric cars had I decided against going for an electric vehicle.
But now the technology is becoming better and while I'm not racing out to buy another vehicle I am starting to read up on the newer lower cost models for a daily run about car.

But considering that anything sever enough to permanently stop the gas stations from pumping would also stop EVs from driving.     Assuming an EMP didn't fry the car just driving after all others were on foot will get you shot at by someone who wanted the functioning car.

just my 2 cents
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 03:51:23 PM »
Because of the incredibly high battery replacement costs the 1st generation of electric cars had I decided against going for an electric vehicle.
But now the technology is becoming better and while I'm not racing out to buy another vehicle I am starting to read up on the newer lower cost models for a daily run about car.

But considering that anything sever enough to permanently stop the gas stations from pumping would also stop EVs from driving.     Assuming an EMP didn't fry the car just driving after all others were on foot will get you shot at by someone who wanted the functioning car.

just my 2 cents
I agree.  A lot of preppers do keep a bicycle or 2 around.  In my case I have to keep a 3 wheel bicycle for the wife.  She has no balance.   
Because there is not much charging infrastructure, I chose a pluggable hybrid.  It gets 42 MPG with the gasoline engine. 

Nemo

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 02:51:43 PM »
Not your fault at all.  Blame it on the cows.  They are about 60% of the problem.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

kaelgee

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 03:26:27 PM »
Use water and Brown gas.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal