Author Topic: Instant Pot LUX60 6 Quart $30 off today  (Read 2218 times)

aces

Instant Pot LUX60 6 Quart $30 off today
« on: July 23, 2018, 03:01:51 PM »
CamelCamelCamel.com has finally paid off for me!  I have been waiting since Christmas to see if the price on a 6 quart Instant Pot model would drop from $79 on Amazon
without getting a Prime membership.  (I don't want to get on a monthly membership either.)  I missed a sale on the LUX60 at Kohl's recently.  But my patience
paid off today when I was notified it was $49 with free shipping!

https://smile.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B01MFEBQH1/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1532372241&sr=8-2&keywords=Instant+Pot+Lux60

It is a a baseline 6-function model (does not make yogurt like some models can.)

Later I realized it was probably a reaction to Walmart putting it on sale for this same price $49 since Clark Howard featured it in his deals email newsletter today.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Instant-Pot-LUX60-V3-6-Qt-6-in-1-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure-Cooker-Slow-Cooker-Rice-Cooker-Saute-Steamer-and-Warmer/54316362

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:16:10 PM by aces »

Lilburner

Re: Instant Pot LUX60 6 Quart $30 off today
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 08:42:55 PM »
Thanks for the tip! I got one.

I have a different brand one I haven't even opened, but what the heck.

Have you ever used one? Do you have any recipes?

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

aces

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 09:41:31 PM »
My sister bought an 8 quart model on Black Friday because she has little kids, a tighter budget, and a husband with a job that makes him late for dinner.  She says it is helping her hold his dinner without hearing up her kitchen in the summer.  Lot of good recipes online and for Kindle.  I can share a few.

My sister says it is especially good for chili and for pork whether ribs, roast, or pork chops.

aces

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 10:48:42 AM »
This deal is still available today, Tuesday, July 24th.

Happy Pioneer Day! 
(State holiday in some western states.)

aces

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 11:08:01 AM »
Today/Wednesday is the last day of the 3-day special on Walmart for this special price of $49 for the LUX 60 6-quart model.
Still available on Amazon at this price today, but once Walmart special is over, likely it will be back to regular price on Amazon tomorrow too.

Lilburner

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 01:48:54 PM »
I got mine today.

I *HEART* my local IGA in NEGA. Their meat markdowns are outrageous. Usually at least 50% off. Last time I was there I got all these two lb marinated Smithfield "sirloin" pork roasts for $3 ea. Plus I've got a bunch of family packs of ground beef. If I add some garden bounty to the ground beef, I should have some pretty good chili.

From a prepper perspective, I'm thinking this will be good for off grid use because of the reduced energy compared to using a stove top pressure cooker if you want to cook indoors.

Looking forward to trying it! Thanks again for the tip!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

aces

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 03:39:43 PM »
Glad you like it and it will serve a lot of purposes.

Mine just arrived also so 2 day shipping was true on this without a Prime membership.

Lots of free Kindle recipe books for Instant Pot and even vegetarian books are available free.  Then if you Google, there are a whole universe of sites with recipes and instructions out there.

One recommendation: Buy extra sealing rings since they hold odors and get old and leak.  So you need to get colored ones to keep straight which one is used to cook what ( like red for savory and blue for sweet.) 

Searchboss

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 07:16:05 PM »
Aces, I am a bit late with this, but I wanted to thank you for the posts. I ordered a 6 quart pot from Walmart the day after you posted the link for less than $50 delivered. We have used that pot dozens of time since we got it and really enjoy cooking with it. Thanks for the suggestion!

aces

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 08:33:06 PM »
Thanks and glad to hear it, Searchboss.

In case someone is looking for a current deal on Instant Pot models, here's a great Black Friday roundup:

https://happymoneysaver.com/top-instant-pot-deals-black-friday/

John Galt 1

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 09:34:52 PM »
We have the 8qt Instant-Pot and use it occasionally with good results.       Perfect for cabbage, rice, and sausage and there is a bit of a learning curve but.... not the best for larger chunks of meat like the Pot Roast in the included recipe book.     Pressure cooking larger items seems to make them tough.

But,,, it can work like a Crock Pot for cooking larger items.     2 thumbs up.

We got it to minimize electricity use since we're mostly on solar power but it takes so much power to heat up and pressurize I'm not sure if it saves much power.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

aces

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 01:04:05 PM »
Here is a 6 quart model that is more oval to allow for larger full bird chicken or turkey cooking.  I have not seen this model before.
I would rather have it than the circular one I bought, but I seldom cook full birds anyway.

$55 on sale instead of usual $79 at Walmart today

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Instant-Pot-Gem-6-Qt-8-in-1-Programmable-Multicooker-with-Advanced-Microprocessor-Technology/866829685

ChristianJ

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 03:54:45 PM »
Here is a 6 quart model that is more oval to allow for larger full bird chicken or turkey cooking.  I have not seen this model before.
I would rather have it than the circular one I bought, but I seldom cook full birds anyway.

$55 on sale instead of usual $79 at Walmart today

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Instant-Pot-Gem-6-Qt-8-in-1-Programmable-Multicooker-with-Advanced-Microprocessor-Technology/866829685

It's 8 in 1 but without yogurt. Weird.
Christian pastor & theologian

aces

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 04:05:28 PM »
The Gem 8 in 1 description includes "warm all" which I have not seen included in other models.

Lilburner

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 06:01:39 PM »
It's all about marketing and leapfrogging.

Someone will figure out it can be used as a paperweight and that wii be 9-in-1.

Remember this?

~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal