Author Topic: Early Christmas Party thoughts? Location? Date (8th/15th)  (Read 6249 times)

Starlady

Re: Early Christmas Party thoughts? Location? Date (8th/15th)
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 09:49:18 AM »
Book it!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 04:27:11 PM »
Is this the one you're talking about?

1755 Jonesboro Rd, McDonough, GA 30253

Do we gain and/or lose anyone by doing this?

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

BennyMG1

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 09:26:41 AM »
You would gain us. The last one I went to was years ago when it was still held on the south side of Atlanta. I stopped going when it was moved to the north side. But don't move it on account of us. By all means have where you can get the most participation.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Lilburner

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 05:44:29 PM »
Well since we already said we'd like to try it South to help travel time, let's do this.

I really like the idea of a pot luck. Nor entirely the right thread, but how about since the prepper show is going to the dogs, we try to get a building and do an air conditioned summer pot luck picnic and swap meet. Would people be interested in that? I think it would be kind of awesome.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »
I really like that idea, Lilburner!  We've had too many things going on at Campouts to make a swap meet work but this would be cool.

But let's get the Christmas Party out of the way 1st....or have we pretty much settled on McDonough?
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Searchboss

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 10:50:18 AM »
If the Christmas Party is going to be held in McDonough we will also make plans to attend for the first time. I would think the 8th would be a better date, but I think we could do either.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 11:30:47 AM »
The wife & I plan to attend.  I can pick up the ash buckets then if it is possible.

Lilburner

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 05:23:07 PM »
Super! Sounds like we're picking up quite a few.

Hopefully the details will be hammered out by end of this week. We need a site visit, which I assume will be Farside, and he may have to make the reservation, since they don't answer their phone, apparently.

Start collecting gifts for the gift exchange drawing if you haven't already!

RWS - help me remember the buckets.
~ Daniel Webster

Farside

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2018, 07:22:51 PM »
I drive by the place three or four times a week. I'll stop by and talk with the manager and see what he has to say.

joebob

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »
Not sure but I might be there.

florida44

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »
so can someone tell me when and where? Did I miss it? I will be out of town for business Dev 7 & 8 so if it is then I understand just trying to find the details
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Lilburner

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 08:42:13 PM »
Well it will be on the 8th regardless.

We had a promising place, but I'm not hearing back from my location scout. meaning probably Gwinnett in the interest of time.

Worst case we'll have it in a place I can scout. Hopefully we'll have it locked in this week.
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »
Well I hope you guys have fun. I understand. I mentioned at campout I would be out of town. Will see you guys at the next event
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

YellowRose

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »
I have no complaints about moving it to Gwinnett.  That certainly makes it easier for me. 

Searchboss

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2018, 02:49:17 PM »
If you decide to move it to Gwinnett I will have to wish you all a Merry Christmas from home as it is simply not worth it to drive 5 hours, even though it would be great to see everyone again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal