Author Topic: Early Christmas Party thoughts? Location? Date (8th/15th)  (Read 6251 times)

joebob

Re: Early Christmas Party thoughts? Location? Date (8th/15th)
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2018, 03:19:04 PM »
Gwinnett is a big area that I am not familiar with, could you narrow it down a little with a location.

bountyhunter

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2018, 03:21:14 PM »
I know I drive up for gun shows, ham fests and prepper shows. But, I cant see myself driving up during the holiday season thru the holiday traffic. I know it is at the beginning of December but.....if it had been held in the McDonough area which is a lot closer to me...So have fun and be safe.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Lilburner

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2018, 05:29:53 PM »
It hasn't been moved yet.

I'm just saying that's where it will have to be if I have to do it all by myself behind the gun on schedule. Either that or fall back to the original. Or cancel it.

I could have scouted it a month ago. I can't scout it now.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Starlady

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2018, 07:48:19 PM »
If we have to move, I'd vote to go back to the original.  Gwinnett is just too far for me & holiday traffic will make it worse -- Mellow Mushroom is bad enough, lol.

Sorry it looks like it will get dumped on you again.  I couldn't find anything in between 285 on the west side and McDonough.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2018, 08:11:37 PM »
OK - finally got my scouting report!

McDonough is out.

Stockbridge is in play. We're going to give it through tomorrow before having to fall back.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

ChristianJ

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2018, 11:39:32 PM »
It's been a long time since I've seen you guys, I'd love to make it. I will be driving to Atlanta for a ministry thing that Sunday, hope to stop by.
Christian pastor & theologian

BennyMG1

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2018, 08:59:33 AM »
Looks like Stockbridge isn't too far from McDonough. We could probably still make it.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Farside

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2018, 11:51:21 AM »
Ok. Love it or hate it, I’ve booked the big room at  Cabino’s Mexican Grill, 1745 Rock Quarry Road, Stockbridge, Ga. That’s off the Eagles Landig Hudson Bridge exit. The room is booked for 1pm to 3:30 pm on the 15th of December. I hope that works for everyone.

Lilburner

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2018, 04:27:15 PM »
There should be a new "official" post coming from Farside, but just to let y'all know what happened...

Turns out Golden Corral won't reserve rooms at interstate exit locations. At least on Saturdays.

Farside found an alternative location, but since we were behind the 8 ball on timing, the 8th was no longer available. That's why we had the date and location change. Thanks to Farside for reserving the room, and apologies for any confusion or inconvenience.

Once the new post is up, I'll change the home page header.

Incidentally, we were able to scramble together to get input from multiple people quickly using the text system, so that was a nice fallback. If you're interested in joining, PM me your phone number. No one else will ever have it.
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2018, 08:05:45 PM »
awesome works for us and we get to see Benny and the Commander to boot!
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Lilburner

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2018, 09:24:08 PM »
Locking this post, as prelim posts have a nasty habit of popping back up with new information on them after the main post goes up.

SEPN Christmas part post: http://seprepnet.com/forum/index.php/topic,3418
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal