Author Topic: Your First indication of SHTF will be ?  (Read 1211 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Your First indication of SHTF will be ?
« on: September 01, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »
I go to breakfast in town on Saturday morning and meet with a group of men.  This morning the restaurant was closed.  It seems like the Friday night out of town ball team ate there last night after the game.  The left a present by stopping up all the comodes.  The restaurant was closed Saturday morning.  We held out meeting elsewhere.

After the meeting I went to Homeless Depot to check and see if they had cabbage and Broccoli plants in yet,  Usually the get them in for t Labor day  weekend.  They had them so I got a flat of broccoli and a flat of cabbage.  Planting them this morning went well as there was fog and slightly cloudy.  While at the Depot I noticed a labor day sale sign for mulch 5 bags for $10.00.  The are usually $3 a bag.  So this afternoon I got the old pickup truck out from under the shelter and went to town again.  Bad sign.  The Homeless Depot parking lot was empty.  My thought was everyone was out of town, lake, partying for the weekend.  I backed the truck up to the pallet of mulch and had to walk to the main door as the garden center door was closed.  I was met by an employee before I got to the door.  I said I was there to get 10 bags of the brown mulch.  He asked had I loaded them up yet.  I said "No, I usually get a paid receipt before I load them up".  He said they were closed.  Seems they had a HasMat spill and closed the store.
As I was driving home I got to thinking when SHTF the first indication might be the stores are closed.  I am glad I got two flats of plants earlier.  I was going to get some more just in case but not today......
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:31:56 PM by RWS »

ProGeek

Re: Your First indication of SHTF will be ?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 04:40:52 PM »
It's not TEOTWAWKI. Georgia is winning 24 to 0.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal