Author Topic: Future Campouts: Date and Location change  (Read 2203 times)

Lilburner

Future Campouts: Date and Location change
« on: October 07, 2018, 08:40:27 PM »
Going forward until further notice, the plan is for ALL campouts to be at Cedar Creek WMA, changing the location of the Spring campout historically at Charlie Elliott for the last few years.

The fall campout will be moving back a week from the first weekend in October to the second weekend in October. The first weekend in October creates three standing conflicts that harm attendance.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:34:49 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

BennyMG1

Re: Future Campouts: Date and Location change
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 04:45:53 PM »
Any dates set for the 2019 Spring Campout yet? I'm working on my planner and wanted to get it put in as soon as the dates are determined.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

John Galt 1

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 11:11:10 PM »
Fine with me because I trust you guys to pick a dry weekend; something we haven't seen in several weeks.   :  )
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 04:40:45 PM »
Generally it's the last weekend of April. We moved it to May one year because NRAAM was in Atlanta.

Last year it was COLD. I forget how cold - wasn't really memorable in the daytime, but we all shared stories about how we made it through the night.

Kind of hard to predict that sort of thing, though. If no one has any specific ideas, we can put it on that last weekend in April.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 01:25:06 PM »
OK two things.

I forgot we conflicted with Mother Earth News Fair, and we lost a couple people due to that.

Also it was hella cold last year.

Unless someone's already put in for time off or something, let's push it into the first weekend in May.

We should finalize it Wednesday evening.
~ Daniel Webster

Searchboss

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 01:59:44 PM »
It was cold last year at the spring campout. Based upon that and other past camping experience I concur with moving the date into May. Keep in mind this year the second weekend is Mother's Day weekend. Hopefully that will not have any impact on the campout.

Starlady

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 10:42:15 PM »
Yeah, it was cold last Spring Campout but I know I'm not the only one who'd rather deal with that than HOT!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

BennyMG1

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 06:17:56 AM »
I’m pretty sure the first weekend in May would work for us. We weren’t going to be able to make the April 27th date because of a local annual event. However, I don’t see anything on the calendar for May 3,4 or 5. Looking forward to hearing what y’all decide.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

upacreek

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 09:34:11 PM »
I know I can't make it the first weekend in May, unless by some miracle the 15 year old changes his mind on a 3-day Indie rock concert.  3 days of that and I'll volunteer to be the target for any shooting stuff you have going on.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
A couple of months ago I took 4ea Evergreen Solar 110 Watt panels off the roof of the pump house at the compound.  I put a metal roof on and plan to put 6ea 285 Watt panels back up in their place.  Evergreen solar has been bankrupt for many years.  They had a unique process of drawing strings thru hot silicone and coming up with silicone chips to make the panels from.  These panels put out 17VDC so charging a 12 volt battery is do able.  I think they could not compete when panels went to 24VDC & 200 watts.  Anyway I am re-purposing these by installing fold out legs, a mounted charge controller and cabling to charge a battery. (alligator clips)

My plan for disposal is you,   the SEPN members that come to the Spring campout.  You can try them out and take one home.  Might just find one at the auction !

Lilburner

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 02:13:22 PM »
FINALLY got the Christmas party out of the header and updated with the tentative campout date and location.

We should be finalizing it tonight on the Teamspeak chat.

That's at 19:00 local, and you're welcome to join us.

Details on joining are in this post http://seprepnet.com/forum/index.php/topic,20
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal