Author Topic: Climate change anyone ??  (Read 2858 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Climate change anyone ??
« on: November 13, 2018, 04:31:05 PM »
It appears that the temperatures are getting colder instead of warmer like the "Global Warming " crowd believes.  Real temperature tracking shows we are getting colder.  But soon we may see even more cold!  What will the then say ?

https://www.iceagenow.info/lack-of-sunspots-to-bring-record-cold-warns-nasa-scientist/

joebob

Re: Climate change anyone ??
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 07:57:50 PM »
That is why they quit saying global warming and started calling it climate change. The facts didn't fit their storyline so they change the storyline to fit the facts. Common libtard move.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:29:40 PM »
Last Spring was colder and wetter than normal.  My potatoes and English peas did super good.  Looks like I may have another shot at a good Spring garden.

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 08:38:23 PM »
Let me know when it is time to plant potatoes please, thanks!
Ravenwood

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 07:02:12 AM »
Let me know when it is time to plant potatoes please, thanks!
Ravenwood
In South Georgia the magic date is Feb 14 for potatoes.  In the Atlanta area it would be 2 weeks later.  So the end of Feb or first of March.

Starlady

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 10:02:18 AM »
^^ What he said.  Feb 14th was not usually a romantic holiday in our north FL home - it was potato planting day!  In North Georgia, I strive for getting them in by St. Patrick's Day.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Gunner

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 01:48:22 AM »
Has anyone checked out the solar min - solar max thing?  It always confuses me.   I understand that we wobble in our orbit... sometimes we are closer and sometimes we are farther.... and that the Sun has its own up and downs.... I think that the suns is a 10 or 12 year cycle..... Anyway, our "climate" is always a dynamic thing... Is anybody sure how to track all the different things that are going on, or should we just read the old ALMANAC to keep up with things?
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

8greenbeans

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 07:18:00 AM »
The almanac has been spot on for me. My problem is, how to interpret all of the information into practical application. I feel like I have all the parts to a car but no idea how to put them together to make it work right.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Starlady

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 11:31:56 AM »
We are heading for a Solar Minimum in 2020.  The cycle is from minimum to minimum 11 years, give or take a few months but the last high in 2014-15 was the lowest in over 100 yrs.  There WERE sunspots, tho, way more than during the Maunder Minimum but they have averaged a lower intensity than usual.

A GRAND Solar Min. is when we go several cycles of decreasing sunspot activity during the Min. portion....i.e., each Min. is lower than the last....a cycle we have seen since 1957 (or so).  Our maximums have also been lower since the late 50s.   From what I've been able to read (I keep up with this stuff) in the past 6-8 months) 'scientists' who generally support man-made GW say that a GSM may give us a little more time to get off fossil fuels, since the atmosphere will cool a bit for up 50 years.  It won't be as much as the Maunder Min. tho, because we've already raised the temps & continue to do so - they say.  Others, whose political leanings don't seem to be evident say that we have already slowed the rise of temps with the last few Minimums and that a new GSM could be devastating to certain parts of the planet re: crops, livestock.

It's interesting to note that even during the Maunder Min. Alaska and Greenland warmed up a lot. It's also interesting that the spike in the late 50's was anomalous - very high from the previous 60 years.  About the only thing they all agree on is that the sun is putting out less energy overall than we've seen in the past 100 years...and it keeps getting lower.

My take: keep the woodshed stocked up and maybe add a few more cold weather seed varieties to your stash......you know, just in case.  If things continue as they are, there WILL be both temp and weather pattern changes, but it will be slow.  We aren't suddenly going to freeze over.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 02:07:38 PM »
Here is another article on Solar Minimums.  At least there are some that can see what might be coming our way,  If it does happen in a big way there may be a mighation South.  We may have people landing on our door step.  Are you ready??

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/03/global_cooling_the_real_climate_threat.html

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 08:16:09 AM »
Dark, Cold Years Are Coming, So You’d Better Get Ready
The climate is warming! No, the climate is cooling! We’re all gonna die! The answer is...all true. Folks just need to chill out and understand that climate’s gonna climate, and that’s all there is to it.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/04/dark_cold_years_are_coming_so_youd_better_get_ready.html

This is one of the better articles that explanis just what is happening as far as Climate change is concerned.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2023, 07:00:51 PM »
If the Temperatures don't cool off, someone will try to make that happen.

Biden Regime Considering a Dangerous Plan That Would BLOCK THE SUN In Order to “Rapidly” Cool the Earth

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/07/biden-regime-considering-dangerous-plan-that-would-block/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal