Author Topic: Christmas Party 2018 - Dec 15 - 1PM - Gabino's - Stockbridge  (Read 4369 times)

Farside

Christmas Party 2018 - Dec 15 - 1PM - Gabino's - Stockbridge
« on: November 13, 2018, 07:02:49 PM »
The Christmas Party has been set for December 15th, 2018 from 1pm to 3:30pm. It's at Gabino's Mexican Grill at 1745 Rock Quarry Road, Stockbridge, Ga 20281. That's off the Eagle Landing/Hudson Bridge exit on I-75 south.

There will be door prizes given out. I'm asking that you bring one wrapped present for each member of your party. We are going to have a little fun with the presents this year.

Hope to see all of you there.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:43:15 AM by Lilburner »

Lilburner

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: Christmas Party 2018 - Dec 15 - 1PM - Gabino's - Stockbridge
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 07:54:39 PM »
Finally got it linked on the header! Whew.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Sounds like a white elephant exchange is what Farside has planned.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

John Galt 1

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 09:00:27 PM »
I'm hoping to make it.   
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Farside

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »
Ok. Hope I can cover the gift exchange to everyone satisfaction. First l’m asking everyone bring one wrapped present for each member of your party.

We will give out tickets for the drawing like always. The first person picks a gift off the table and opens it. From that point on you have the choice to take a present that’s already been open or a new one off the table. After everyone has opened a present the first person will be given the opportunity to pick one of the open presents.

I think this will do two things. First we don’t have one person bring a lot of present. Second, it’s going to be a lot of fun.

Starlady

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »
I plan to be there but I won't be involved in the gift thing.  I'll just sit back with my coffee and watch you guys get crazy!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

John Galt 1

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 01:45:56 AM »
I plan to be there but I won't be involved in the gift thing.  I'll just sit back with my coffee and watch you guys get crazy!

No, bring a gift.      My family does it every Christmas but we call it "Round Robin".     Lots of fun and stealing the most desirable item.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Farside

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 02:05:36 PM »
Hey Starlady, I’ve what about some of your canned jam.

upacreek

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 01:48:14 PM »
Would anybody be interested in seeds at the Christmas party? I only have three different kinds of squash seeds. Butternut, and two types of some sort acorn squash looking things-white and orange. Those are their scientific names. I don’t have a ton, but I’ll share half of what I got. This is my first time saving seeds. I’ll share whatever comes up in the spring when I start them too.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Starlady

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 02:46:29 PM »
If you got those white & orange acorny things with me, I looked them up and they were hybrids - you'll get squash but it probably won't look like the originals.  The butternut, solid orange or solid green acorns are heirlooms, so good to share.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

upacreek

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 10:07:48 PM »
I thought they said they were all good to plant. Nuts, they were good.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

joebob

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 11:02:31 PM »
I remembered last week that 12/15 is my Mothers 92nd birthday so I won't be seeing you this time.

ChristianJ

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 01:17:39 PM »
I was planning on being in Atlanta this weekend, but I will still be in TN. I will have to miss this :-(
Christian pastor & theologian

tlwagg

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 10:34:56 AM »
We won't be able to make it. My in-laws need help today and were it. I'll miss you guys. :'(
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Lilburner

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 04:57:21 PM »
It was great to see everyone we saw, and we missed those we didn't. Good to have people from different parts of the state!

We had such good auctions this year at the campout, we were able to subsidize everyone's meal $10. I think that was a nice surprise for some, and hopefully we'll be able to do it again next year!

Merry Christmas, and just in case... Happy Holidays!
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal