Author Topic: Life update...  (Read 1968 times)

RevJammer

Life update...
« on: November 28, 2018, 07:10:39 PM »
This is not really "prep" related (thus in "off-topic") but just an update on my life.

Today was a first for me and that's unusual at this point in my life.  I went to court for a hearing on a lawsuit I filed on behalf of my daughter, against a local used car dealer.  I'll try to make this short...

We helped her buy a car a little over a year ago, for cash.  8 months ago they traded even, with the same dealer, for a mini-van.  The van had some body damage and the dealer agreed to pay for the repair, even gave her a signed statement saying so.  Finally got the car to the body shop, 6 months ago, and the dealer would never pay for the repairs so the body shop finally applied for the title and sold the car.  So now my daughter has been without a vehicle she paid cash for for almost 5 months.

I tried my best to get the dealer to make it right.  They wouldn't, filed suit.  Today was the hearing, the judge said he would mail his decision in a couple of days.  This dealer lied like a cheap rug, under oath, I was truly amazed.  I had recorded a conversation with her but the judge never listened to it, I believe he had already made up his mind.   I feel like we won and the judge will decide in our favor.

While I knew in theory that our "legal system" was messed up, today only served to solidify that theory with personal experience... 

Of course this is the easy part... even if we "win" then we still have to get the dealer to actually pay the settlement.

RJ

Lilburner

Re: Life update...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 08:28:41 PM »
God it sucks when people are just actively evil.

Best thoughts with you - let us know the outcome.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »
So sorry, what a mess. Praying things work out for you/daughter.
Ravenwood

8greenbeans

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 10:22:09 PM »
Argh this kind of mess just makes my blood boil. I'm so sorry y'all have had to go thru this. May the judge do the right thing and the dealer pay promptly.

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

upacreek

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 10:49:46 PM »
I'll never trust another judge.  I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'll never bank on it.  I'm sorry your family is going through this.  I like the old ways of chopping off crooks hands so others know they should steer clear.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Nemo

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 09:37:24 AM »
Only one thing lower on the credibility scale than a lawyer.  That is a used car dealer.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

Starlady

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 12:13:33 PM »
Roofing contractors are right down there, too.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

ChristianJ

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »
Please leave a negative review on Google, Yelp, and any auto sites you wish. I worked in marketing for the auto industry for a number of years and negative reviews tremendously impact future business for the dealership. Not all car guys are bad, but the ones that are deserve to be blasted. There are plenty of ethical ways to make good money in that industry. Also, let us know the name of the dealership so those that are so inclined can pile on with negative reviews.
Christian pastor & theologian

RevJammer

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 04:15:11 PM »
Please leave a negative review on Google, Yelp, and any auto sites you wish. I worked in marketing for the auto industry for a number of years and negative reviews tremendously impact future business for the dealership. Not all car guys are bad, but the ones that are deserve to be blasted. There are plenty of ethical ways to make good money in that industry. Also, let us know the name of the dealership so those that are so inclined can pile on with negative reviews.

Once I get the verdict from the court. I'll post the dealer's name...  No sense taking chances at this point.

Thanks everyone for the replies...   God is still Good!  No one in the family is hungry or homeless... 

RJ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal