Author Topic: A 9mm rimfire shotgun  (Read 2427 times)

Lilburner

A 9mm rimfire shotgun
« on: December 01, 2018, 04:04:34 PM »
You heard me.

No part of that combination of words makes any sense, but here we are.

You get the shotgun and 1000 rounds of ammo for $399.

As silly as it sounds, it would probably be awesome for pest control - snakes and rats and such.

Theres a video in the link.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/chiappa-mdl-92-rc-9mm-flobert-shotgun/
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: A 9mm rimfire shotgun
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 06:38:08 PM »
I now use a 410 to shoot birds out of my blueberries because of near by houses.  I used to use a 20 gauge.  I think this will be a nice addition.  I may have to bring it to a campout to show off.

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 10:07:02 PM »
Not to detract from those who MUST have the latest weapon available, if varmint control is the usage,  it'd be a little bit cheaper to just get the snake/rat shot for one of the billion,  ummm, I mean extra pistols lying around.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 01:57:35 PM »
It's like anything else. Everything's a compromise and many things are perfect for something.

These are called "garden guns" in Europe where they're quite popular. The smooth bore and long barrel make them suitable for pest (and small game) birds in addition to rats and snakes.

They can be shot without hearing protection, and although not technically 'legal", could be shot in a subdivision without raising any ire. So it would live up to its name and be a perfect garden companion for many who can't have anything else.

The part(s) that might ultimately suck me in is that the gun is effectively free with the purchase of ammo and I do so love a weird gun (even if it's just weird in the US).
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 02:06:55 PM »
The part(s) that might ultimately suck me in is that the gun is effectively free with the purchase of ammo and I do so love a weird gun (even if it's just weird in the US).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who would buy one in the US without the ammo?  But with the ammo it is not a bad deal.  Now getting more ammo might be a problem.  If I like it enough to shoot up a thousand rounds then I will have to find a source.

upacreek

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »
Lilburner - I need you to come to my HOA and shoot anything.

If you like it, just buy 2 guns.  The combination is cheaper than just buying the ammo.  That's an interesting find - thanks for the info.  Here's the ammo I found on ammoseek:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Lilburner

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 03:45:40 PM »
Curiously, when you search any engine for 9mm Flobert ammo, it only shows Fiocchi, over $20/box, but if you specifically Google Umarex 9mm Flobert, you find Umarex for less than half that price. On par with 9mm handgun ammo.

https://www.swfa.com/umarex-shotgun-9mm-flobert-8-shot-50rd-ammo.html

The Classic ad is short on details, but it looks like the Umarex box. Does away with the free gun theory, but still a tempting value.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »
That's 20 cents a shell.  8 shot.  Looks like a different shell than demonstrated on that video.  There it looked like rat shot he was shooting.  May have to get a couple boxes of the 8 shot for comparison.

Lilburner

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 09:25:50 PM »
I sent them a question.

Maybe they'll be gone before they answer, and I won't have to buy one.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 10:49:48 AM »
Hey,  I like my little Chiappa 9mm shotgun.  I was walking past a row of blueberries and I noticed birds getting their morning breakfast of my honeybees.  Well two shots and two birds down.  The rest disappeared. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal