Author Topic: 2019 Spring Campout pre-thread.  (Read 2836 times)

Lilburner

2019 Spring Campout pre-thread.
« on: January 24, 2019, 02:16:46 PM »
This won't be the "official" thread with maps, directions, etc., but we locked in the campout as May 3-5 at Cedar Creek WMA.

Any ideas for classes/workshops? Any volunteers?

One idea I had is to have a show and tell. Any interest in that? we'd set aside a time, but instead of having one presenter, we'd just have people get up for maybe 5-10 minutes at a time to show something interesting.

Start thinking about your auction items to donate! We did well enough last year, we were able to subsidize the Christmas party.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

revckd

Re: 2019 Spring Campout pre-thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 02:39:40 PM »
 8) Got it on the calendar, Yea!
revckd
KM4PHQ

Bellatores et Venatores in Christo
A prudent person foresees danger ahead and takes precautions. ~ Proverbs 27:12

BennyMG1

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 03:29:38 PM »
It's on our calendar
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 04:36:21 PM »
This won't be the "official" thread with maps, directions, etc., but we locked in the campout as May 3-5 at Cedar Creek WMA.

Any ideas for classes/workshops? Any volunteers?

One idea I had is to have a show and tell. Any interest in that? we'd set aside a time, but instead of having one presenter, we'd just have people get up for maybe 5-10 minutes at a time to show something interesting.
I am planning on bringing some portable solar panels.  I could also bring a battery, inverter and power tool for demonstration, If there is any interest in this ??

Searchboss

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 06:14:18 PM »
RWS, I would encourage you to do that if you can. At the last campout John Galt 1 put on a great presentation about solar that nearly everyone present attended. I am sure that there would be a lot of interest in seeing more about solar. One thing I have learned so far is that although the concepts are similar, everyone seems to use different equipment and build their setup differently. I for one would look forward to seeing what you have!

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 06:41:42 PM »
RWS, I would encourage you to do that if you can. At the last campout John Galt 1 put on a great presentation about solar that nearly everyone present attended. I am sure that there would be a lot of interest in seeing more about solar. One thing I have learned so far is that although the concepts are similar, everyone seems to use different equipment and build their setup differently. I for one would look forward to seeing what you have!
When you come down to pick blueberries this Summer, I will give you a tour of the house system.

BennyMG1

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 02:28:46 PM »
I just wanted to bump this and remind everyone that we only have 62 days until the Spring Campout.

I am making my plans to be there.

Oh, the link on the home page that says "Spring Campout...." links to the Christmas party thread.

elandil

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 03:26:05 PM »
Looks like i'm gonna be out for this one, got an opportunity at work I can't pass up but it will kill me being able to come this weekend.
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 02:07:09 PM »
Last year I took the camper in for an oil change (annual service) and then came to the campout.  It was late in the afternoon when I pulled in.  This year I will get the camper serviced before the campout weekend.  Since I have to take it to Alpharetta, we plan to continue on to Gainesville and tour a botanical garden there.  That means a two or three day trip.  I should arrive at Spring campout earlier in the day, probably Friday.

I like being retired.  Every day is a Holiday & every meal a banquet!!

BennyMG1

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 03:45:23 PM »
In years past before my attendance became sporadic, I tried getting out to the camping site on Thursday. This year I’m headed out Wednesday morning. So if anyone has the time off, you are welcome to join me. Keep in mind, no portapotties until they are delivered. I’m guessing sometime Friday?

BennyMG1

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 06:30:06 AM »
46 days and a wake up until the Spring Campout. That is unless you are planning on arriving early in which case it’s less than that. I missed the fall campout due to house renovation, so I’m really looking forward to this one. No camper for us this time. It will be the Taj Ma Tent for this one.

VoodooMD

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 05:18:21 PM »
Looking forward to seeing all of you there!!!---I know is gonna be GREAT!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"It is easier to prepare and prevent, than to repair and repent."

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 03:01:59 PM »
Sorry for my ignorance. Is this in Eatonton, GA? We live in Jacksonville, FL, but would like to come. What do we need to do to get registered?

BennyMG1

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 04:15:37 PM »
I may be jumping the gun to answer, but there’s no “registration”. They ask for a donation per tent to defray the cost of the port a potties. I’m sure there will be a campout thread coming up soon with additional information. Keep checking in.

There will be directions and details posted.

Farside

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 04:41:41 PM »
That right, Cedar Creek MWA off GA 212 between Monticello, Ga. and Milledgeville Ga. Eatonton, ga. is just north of the place.

As far as any registration it petty much tell us your coming and show up. It would be nice to know how many are in the your group. just because I try to keep a running count. There is no charge for the camp site this year, donations are welcome, but not required.

All are welcome, Hope to see you there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal