Author Topic: Here's an energy hack you probably haven't considered  (Read 1870 times)

Lilburner

Here's an energy hack you probably haven't considered
« on: February 06, 2019, 04:04:59 PM »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SS-Preppers

Re: Here's an energy hack you probably haven't considered
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 07:44:01 PM »
I do have a hand crank charger, but that little guy just doesn't have the body mass or muscle to make it work....

John Galt 1

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 08:58:18 PM »
I used to build water wheels and occasionally hook them to generators to make electricity.        I put a picture on my business website of my boy walking inside one of my wheels.

For years after I occasionally had someone call wanting me to build them a wheel they could run inside and make electricity.       While I certainty could build one; I already was building wheels to make power from a water flow, I had to explain how much labor it would be to make that wheel power just a few lights.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

kaelgee

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 03:23:23 PM »
@ John Galt 1: This assumes direct drive.  What about Archimedes screw or water rotor that can work in a slow moving stream.  A ram pump could move water to a higher elevation say to a cistern or pool and even with a couple of feet of head can do respectable work charging a bank of batteries.  This is dependent on proximity to water, of course.

If one can build a water wheel, then one can build a wind turbine (Darius or squirrel cage).  If air flow is an issue, assist with a Trombe wall and a vortex air nozzle to give it a little oomph.

Don't mind me.  My mind likes to wander about from time to time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal