Author Topic: 50 % tax on ammunition !  (Read 1205 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
50 % tax on ammunition !
« on: February 06, 2019, 04:08:41 PM »
Not only is there a 50% tax legislation in Connecticut but they are also questioning how much ammunition one should be allowed to have in the home.. ..  ..  Oh, and how many firearms is enough??

https://truepundit.com/ct-democrat-introduces-50-percent-tax-on-ammunition/

nj_m715

Re: 50 % tax on ammunition !
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 04:17:27 PM »
they should do it, money goes where its treated well
people will still buy ammo, they'll just do it out of state and the state will lose money

look at philly getting rich it's people getting in shape by taxing soda

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 04:23:19 PM »
I tweeted that state Senator three times. This my favorite.

Know who doesn't consume a lot of ammo?

Bad guys. They're notoriously bad shots, don't train, and are almost universally not involved in gun culture.

Armed responsible citizens expend thousands or tens of thousands of rounds in training to keep others safe.

It's just #gunsense
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 04:28:23 PM »
When Seattle taxed guns and ammunition, the disappointingly modest revenue increase didn't offset the cost of the crime increase.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/seattle-gun-tax-failure-firearm-sales-plummet-violence-spikes-after-law-passes
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:46:52 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SS-Preppers

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »
I don't believe in any "special" tax....all items sold should be taxed at the same rate.....no sin tax or any of that.  The Gov should not have the ability to effect personal choices by attempting to tax them to the point of making one item prohibitively more expensive vs another based on what they decide is appropriate to possess. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal