Author Topic: Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen. (Waterproof/8GB storage) $99.99  (Read 836 times)

aces

Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen. (Waterproof/8GB storage) $99.99
« on: February 11, 2019, 05:51:31 PM »
I have been waiting for the new Kindle Paperwhite reader to come down from $140 to about $115 where it was on special a couple of months ago.
CamelCamelCamel alerted me yesterday, from the "watch" I placed in their site, that it's on for $99.99 right now.  This price includes "special offers" (ads on the home screen which go away once you swipe to open it up),  and a USB cord, but not the wall plug (which they get $20 for when it should be $5 and you should buy elsewhere.) 
Without ads it will cost $20 more.  This is for the 2.5 MHz Wi-Fi version (and not the 4G version.)  It will also not work with 5 MHz routers per one of the user reviews.

The "newest" Paperwhite is waterproof and could take a freshwater dunk (but not likely saltwater.)  It has 8 GB of storage (instead of the previous version's 4 GB).  You could get a 32GB version at a higher price point, but I know this should hold what I need it to hold despite the considerable size of my library in their cloud and others I will sideload using Calibre to convert the format to MOBI.  Its dimensions are 6.6"x4.6".  It is very easy on the eyes and light in the hand.  The main complaints that I see in the reviews is that it doesn't play any audio other than Audible, which add a few dollars to any book you want to buy with that option, and it has a center button to turn it "on" that is low on the front and gets in the way if you set it on a treadmill shelf.

Not sure how long this sale will last.  It seems to be part of a sale on other Amazon devices so it might last through the week.
I do a lot of reading and I need a break from blue light from phone at night.  This also has an adjustable light you can set to read in the dark if you need to
(like in bed without disturbing your partner or in a power outage.)

https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Kindle-Paperwhite-Waterproof-Storage/dp/B07CXG6C9W/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=paperwhite&qid=1549923131&s=gateway&sr=8-1

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal